Arkansas folks speak up.........

Going to the PB show? Be sure to lock your vehicle and keep anything you don't want stolen out of sight. It would be wise to put a lock on your bird cages as well.
Don't let your children out of your sight is even more important than the above warnings.
Just trying to be helpful.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay, I spoke to Lewis. Coop in anytime after 1:00 on Wednesday and before 9:00 on Thursday. Coop out anytime Saturday. Showmanship is officially 1-4 on Thursday, but you can do it Friday by appointment.

ETA: Do you have any Call Ducks for sale? A 4-H member is wanting some.

Last edited:
Email from Lewis about the Pine Bluff show

Dear Poultry Friend!

The following is the official exhibitor list for the 2011 Southeast Arkansas District Fair Poultry Show! If your name is listed . . . you successfully entered the show! If not, call me or text me (870.543.0198).

ENTRIES can arrive anytime after 1:00 pm Wednesday up until 8:30 am Thursday morning. Juding begins at 9:00 am. Showmanship can be done anytime between 1 pm-4 pm on Thursday; and anytime Friday until 6 pm. I will be doing showmanship so schedule a time with me!

See you soon! ~Lewis Hinkle

P.S. The barn is really crowded since we are having to use all of the chainlink pens for geese! Please, be patient!

WE WILL NEED CLERKS AND PEOPLE TO GET LOW TO HAND BIRDS TO THE JUDGES! LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP!​

Quote:
Congrats! Breeds and places he won?

He won Super Grand Champion of the Show with a Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam hen. She was also Best Jr. Bantam and Best SCCL. He also won Reserve Jr. Bantam with a Cornish Bantam hen. AND he won Best Modern! My Black Orpington pullet was Reserve SCCL. We had over 200 birds in the show. There weren't really enough to do both a Junior and an Open show, but we gave out ribbons and certificates to best open and junior entries of Bantam and Large Fowl.

Here he is again with some of his friends. We barely got the BYC banner in time, but we did get it.

12477_4h_group.jpg

Got a question for members around the Little Rock and Hot Springs areas:

We'll be in LR on November 7 (Monday) as hubby is taking his boiler operator state licensing test. Decided to make a short overnight trip of it but we're not really finding anything to do or a reasonably priced placed to eat or stay the night at.

Since Hot Springs isn't too far from LR, we're thinking about heading there for a day of sight seeing and possibly spending the night there before heading home Tuesday.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote:
There is a Razorback game and most of the motels are booked up. This is what I was told, so I called around and its true.

Quote:
I just love Hot Springs. The Austin is downtown. Right within walking distance of most of the shopping and bath houses. We always stay there and get up and just walk around all day. There is a great hamburger joint across the street. The Brickhouse. There is also a 5 star Italian and a steak house across the street as well.

Back
Top Bottom