Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

Okay how many are going to the auction tomorrow 3-28-15?

It starts at 12:00 noon. Saline County Fairgrounds.

I'm going Lord willing I make it through the night. Taking 3 dozen hatching egg. Taking along about 6 roosters from my cousins place just down from me.

Hope to see many there.

Sorry I couldn't make it to Saline.

I may be headed to the London Auction Saturday the 4th. I still have 3 roo's that need a new home.

Bantam cochin, frizzle (tiny) bantam cochin & a white silkie roo.

I have some interest in them but if they are not gone by Saturday, they are going to auction.

Chickens were bring good oruces today. Hens $15.50 lowest up to $42.50 that us each. There were a few roosters that brought that too but they were paired with hens. Roosters by themselves were anywhere from a low of $7.00 up to $10.00 each.

Lion head rabbits bucks only there today if I remember right brought about $40.00 each.

Golden Pheasents brought $55.00 to $60.00.

They didn't announce for sure tge next one but it should be the 25th of April. I'll post it when I hear that it will be a for sure thing.

Chickens were bring good oruces today. Hens $15.50 lowest up to $42.50 that us each. There were a few roosters that brought that too but they were paired with hens. Roosters by themselves were anywhere from a low of $7.00 up to $10.00 each.

Lion head rabbits bucks only there today if I remember right brought about $40.00 each.

Golden Pheasents brought $55.00 to $60.00.

They didn't announce for sure tge next one but it should be the 25th of April. I'll post it when I hear that it will be a for sure thing.

Yeah for you! Hope you made good money.
clap.gif

Yeah for you!  Hope you made good money.  :clap

No not for me. All I took was 6 roosters for some one else. I took for myself 3 dozen hatching eggs and got only $2.00 a dozen for them. I bought too many hatching eggs for myself so I didn't gain anything. Boo for me.

I think it is great to get it done! I hear bad things about certain peoples birds and won't buy from them... versus if you had a NPIP certification I'd feel better buying from you (that you don't have sick/diseased birds).

All NPIP is is the same test you get from a sake barn. It doesn't guarantee free from any other diease. The test is only for Pollurim Thyphoid ( a form if Samonella). So even NOIO is not any better. You just have to look everything over and make sure there aren't any signs of something else wrong.

I myself think NPIO is overrated.

No not for me. All I took was 6 roosters for some one else. I took for myself 3 dozen hatching eggs and got only $2.00 a dozen for them. I bought too many hatching eggs for myself so I didn't gain anything. Boo for me.
th.gif
Chicken math!

Have you heard if shipping birds out of state is still a go right now with the AI? I have a lady in PA that wants my silkie roo. I hate to ship that far but if he gets a good home.
idunno.gif

What are your thoughts on vaccinations for Mereks? The lady who wants my roo is all freaked out about it and she is very new to chickens and I feel she needs talked off the ledge a bit.
hide.gif

Haven't heard anything much else about it. The Poultry Department at UA ( Dr. Bramwell) may know though.

I think it is more if shipping in than out. Never hurts to ask someone lik Dr. Bramwell though.

Haven't heard anything much else about it. The Poultry Department at UA ( Dr. Bramwell) may know though.

I think it is more if shipping in than out. Never hurts to ask someone lik Dr. Bramwell though.

I was going to call the PO on Monday to see if they have set any restrictions. Was it you who said Dr. Bramwell was not giving out eggs until things clear up or did I hear that from someone else?

Back
Top Bottom