arkansas55

Welcome to the flock. Your hubby is right - your chickens probably are fat, too much corn does that to them. Corn has little nutritional value but, chickens like it, like kids want candy.

There is a thread on BYC called "How about a new thread for those of us in Wheelchairs,"
where people pool ideas to make things adaptable for persons with different disabilities. You may be interested in some of their ideas - aimed at making coops, runs etc. accessible

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to the flock. Your hubby is right - your chickens probably are fat, too much corn does that to them. Corn has little nutritional value but, chickens like it, like kids want candy.

There is a thread on BYC called "How about a new thread for those of us in Wheelchairs,"
where people pool ideas to make things adaptable for persons with different disabilities. You may be interested in some of their ideas - aimed at making coops, runs etc. accessible
thank's drumstick diva,i will check it out,yeah about the corn,we harvested alot and canned alot,we did give the some while the over flow lasted,so now it's a rare treat,getting ready for winter,buzzard's eye is a little better,so she's foraging today with the flock,have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainy Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
so nice and beautiful,the chicken's are out foraging,mom has mucked the coop out and replenished the food and water there,i filled the feeder and water out side,we sat and enjoyed them on the back patio,baby was especially loving this morn,she's very vocal as well,lol,buzzy(aka buzzard) is doing so much better,her eye is open and she's out foraging,such a gentle rain and warm too,fall is on its way!!!!!!!!
So far we have relocated 2 ferel cat's and 1 possum,still need to catch 2 ferel cats,big male's,they are wiley and wont go in the catch cage's,ah but i have patience and the other side of the river await's them in all it's beauty!!!!!!!!!!!
i couldn't see putting them else where,over there they have plenty of wild mice and things to eat plenty of shelter and water,being in the country we have alot of ferel cat's due to ppl dumping cat's and then we get the wild kitten's,who become ferel's,and they love to eat our squirrel's,rabbit's and fowl,so i try to not harm just relocate them.
they had no choice and just do what they do,i think a good long nap is in line for today,it's dark and soothing,although the high pressure hurts my joint's i'm a very happy chicken lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so thankful to be here at BYC's,such a wonderful place to BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've seen you online here a lot but I don't think I've ever actually greeted you before. I was born in Hot Springs, AR, and even after my parents moved away from Arkansas, I used to go back and spend every summer and every holiday with my grandparents in Hot Springs. I still have relatives in that area and love it there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Where in Arkansas are you from?

Hello and….

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington! BYC is the best fowl website you can find.
woot.gif
I hope you feel glad you signed up! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

frow.gif

By the way, not saying that you will do anything bad, but no fowl play
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've seen you online here a lot but I don't think I've ever actually greeted you before. I was born in Hot Springs, AR, and even after my parents moved away from Arkansas, I used to go back and spend every summer and every holiday with my grandparents in Hot Springs. I still have relatives in that area and love it there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Where in Arkansas are you from?
thank you for the welcome i am in london,right out of russellville,that's so awesome,we go to hot springs alot,its a great place,we live on the river here in london,its so peaceful,have an awesome day!

Hello and….

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington! BYC is the best fowl website you can find.
woot.gif
I hope you feel glad you signed up! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

frow.gif

By the way, not saying that you will do anything bad, but no fowl play
big_smile.png
hello and thank you for the welcome,i do love our flock,nowhere better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom