Army Chicks! (with pics!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BCBunnies, May 25, 2011.

1. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chirping

May 6, 2011
    So I was thinking about using the fridge box since we just bought a new fridge, but when they delivered it no box it was wrapped in packing film. [​IMG]

Okay plan B. use one of the plastic storage tubs we have for the chicks. Set a screen on top and use ducktape for the back for a hinge. Just one small problem....
    [​IMG]

Okay so thinking and thinking of what I could come up with on the cheep (pun intended) since we don't have alot of extra (due to surprise closing costs [​IMG][​IMG] ) and that will be cat resistant.
    I remembered my mom and I raising toy Poodle puppies in the house when I was little. Well you don't want up to 20 pups running loose before they are paper trained so what do you do....
    You put them in Boot Camp of course!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So now we have Chickie Boot Camp! I drove to my Mom's to pick up my Dad's old military foot locker that she turned into a pup pen and I am outfitting it for the fuzzy butts. I think my Dad would be proud he taught me how to process my first rabbits solo at 7 years old and I will be teaching his first and only (so far) grandson how to do the very same with the babies from these chickens (and also any extra roos).

[​IMG] you Dad thank you for inspiring me to get back into the country and focus on family.

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Songster

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG] Awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by