Army Reserve thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This link can shed some light on the Georgia Defense Force

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_State_

Haiti was one of the last places they served. So far as I know Haiti is not part of the state of Georgia.
smile.png

Ok! Army wife tuning in here! If you are only joining for the "benefits" then don't bother! 2 reasons! 1 - I personally don't want someone that doesn't even want to be there watching my husbands back in combat which is where you will most likely end up! The wars might be winding down but they are still sending waves of soldier so it's not winding down that much. Another wave is sset for around April! I know this because my husband is in the wave! Reservist are the first to go! 2 - The benefits are not all they are cracked up to be! My husband and brother-in-law can barely get paid when they are suppose to!My husband also went back to college because he EARNED the post 9/11 GI Bill from 2.5 years straight in active combat in Iraq in 2005 - 2007! He started school on January 9th 2012 and to date has still not started receiving his "benefits"! You are planning to join for the worst reason and should just attempt to get financial aid instead of doing what you plan to!!! Sorry to be so blunt but the army, whether reserve or not, is a family! I have many people very close to me currently in service here and overseas, both active and reserve. They do it because they feel it is their patriotic duty to defend their country. They have risked life and limb literally! My husband alone has been blown up 4 times! You are clearly not prepared to put your life on the line and therefor will be a detriment to those who are. You could be the one to get them killed! Are you prepared to carry that weight!? It doesn't sound like you are!!!!!!! Joining the military is not a game! WE ARE AT WAR!!!! Talks of war with other countries are heating up! You will be deployed!!! STAY HOME!!!!!!

Ok! Army wife tuning in here! If you are only joining for the "benefits" then don't bother! 2 reasons! 1 - I personally don't want someone that doesn't even want to be there watching my husbands back in combat which is where you will most likely end up! The wars might be winding down but they are still sending waves of soldier so it's not winding down that much. Another wave is sset for around April! I know this because my husband is in the wave! Reservist are the first to go! 2 - The benefits are not all they are cracked up to be! My husband and brother-in-law can barely get paid when they are suppose to!My husband also went back to college because he EARNED the post 9/11 GI Bill from 2.5 years straight in active combat in Iraq in 2005 - 2007! He started school on January 9th 2012 and to date has still not started receiving his "benefits"! You are planning to join for the worst reason and should just attempt to get financial aid instead of doing what you plan to!!! Sorry to be so blunt but the army, whether reserve or not, is a family! I have many people very close to me currently in service here and overseas, both active and reserve. They do it because they feel it is their patriotic duty to defend their country. They have risked life and limb literally! My husband alone has been blown up 4 times! You are clearly not prepared to put your life on the line and therefor will be a detriment to those who are. You could be the one to get them killed! Are you prepared to carry that weight!? It doesn't sound like you are!!!!!!! Joining the military is not a game! WE ARE AT WAR!!!! Talks of war with other countries are heating up! You will be deployed!!! STAY HOME!!!!!!

This.

When you see that person in the movie who says the line "I didn't sign up for this!"

That'd be you, the OP. If you signed up for the benefits, not to fight. Infantry does one thing. They fight. Maybe read the book "Starship Troopers" (not the movie), to understand what you will be doing and what your attitude should be. It's a short book, but actual required reading in some training because it explains chain of command perfectly.

This link can shed some light on the Georgia Defense Force

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_State_

Haiti was one of the last places they served. So far as I know Haiti is not part of the state of Georgia.
smile.png

There is nothing to do with the Georgia Defense Force on your link as far as I can see....

An for Haiti, as far as I can tell the Georgia Defense Force did not go to Haiti. The were tasked with offloading injured from planes that had flown them here to Georgia for medical treatment.
You can read about it here in there newsletter. http://www.gasdf.com/docs/HeadsUp_Apr-10.pdf

Last edited:
There is nothing to do with the Georgia Defense Force on your link as far as I can see....

An for Haiti, as far as I can tell the Georgia Defense Force did not go to Haiti. The were tasked with offloading injured from planes that had flown them here to Georgia for medical treatment.
You can read about it here in there newsletter. http://www.gasdf.com/docs/HeadsUp_Apr-10.pdf
Your right, some how got the wrong URL, Here is the correct one:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_State_Defense_Force

Under the History heading there is a line that reads; "In 2010, the GSDF and its members were recognized by a special resolution of the Georgia Legislature[16] for their participation in Operation Healing Hands, providing disaster relief to earthquake victims in Haiti" I read that to mean "in Haiti" not "in support of evacuating injured persons from Haiti" However following the footnoe #17 it does clear that up. That is the URL you referred to.

Just an update on joining the Army Reserve...

I went to the recruiters place to take a practice ASVAB test and it only was english and math..
I did well in the english but the math I did horrible (I hate math)...

My recruiter showed my test scores to another man in the army and he told me... "Were you serious about this test.." "Do you have some kind of learning disorder or something, do you really want to be here"

I was very mad after that cause I don't think the ARMY should judge you on how you do on a test... Some people suck at taking test (such as me) they could be the smartest person ever but suck at taking test... Of course if there was a draft or a war in Iran the ARMY wont care to much about the ASVAB as much as they do now... I was just mad and made me feel retarded...

Last edited:
Just an update on joining the Army Reserve...

I went to the recruiters place to take a practice ASVAB test and it only was english and math..
I did well in the english but the math I did horrible (I hate math)...

My recruiter showed my test scores to another man in the army and he told me... "Were you serious about this test.." "Do you have some kind of learning disorder or something, do you really want to be here"

I was very mad after that cause I don't think the ARMY should judge you on how you do on a test... Some people suck at taking test (such as me) they could be the smartest person ever but suck at taking test... Of course if there was a draft or a war in Iran the ARMY wont care to much about the ASVAB as much as they do now... I was just mad and made me feel retarded...

Can't handle thinking properly on a test then how can you handle bullets flying at you. Yes everyone is different, friend of mine is not bright at all failed almost every class joined the military and is now a corporal and has seen actual combat he has a video of it and he didn't crack under that type of pressure.

I think I would be better with bullets firing at me then taking a test. To my knowledge, I think you need to use more common sence than be book smart in the army... Just take a look at Vassili Zaitsev from WW2, he couldnet read or write very well but he became one of the best snipers ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom