Around the Farm #3 In Photos - Orpingtons

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
And finally some of the orpingtons.

All of the first batch of pullets from KorfusKluckers stock decided they would rather dust bathe under the roost than to come out and model for me.

chrisorps1.jpg

The second batch from KK liked showing off.

chrisorps2.jpg

Some from Julie - Bamachicken

julieorps.jpg

Some from Jody.

jodyorps.jpg

This pretty laced girl is a bbs x lt. brahma from tuffoldhen.

bbsbrahamspullt.jpg

Black Jack - from TOH's stock.

blackjack.jpg

Big Red from TOH's stock.

bigred.jpg

Red and Mosby spit through the wire. I know they would fight if they got a chance.

redmosbyspit.jpg

Bonnie and Mosby's babies.

bonniemosby1.jpg

And my favorite of their offspring - I thought she would be a splash but look at her now.

bonniemosby2.jpg

Around the farm #1- Gamebirds and Waterfowl

Around the Farm #2 - Sheep, Goats, Rabbits

Around the Farm #3 - Orpingtons

I wish the girls would have come out from under the roost. They have really nice lacing. I wanted Chris to see how big and fluffy they have grown out.

Can't have sheep's milk cheese without sheep
wink.png

Sheep milk is much much milder than goat's milk. It is really creamy and makes an incredible cheese.

Something to make you go Hmmmmm ...

Some nomad's drink horse milk and make cheese with it. I think they also milk horses in some places like Mongolia.

Buffalo milk makes awesome mozzarella, too!

I love it every time you post pics of those Orps MP. Makes me have Orp envy although I am slowly getting my own collective of them. I love the pic of Red and Mosby. Be careful because my Speckled Sussex roo and my Buff Orp still bloodied each other through chicken wire before we put a divider up between them so they couldn't see each other.

I like the all of them but I especially like the Blues and Splashes from KorfusKluckers. I haven't seen KK's birds before but they look great! I also like the blacks and blues you got from Julie. I have high hopes that at least some of the eggs I just got from her hatch. I never knew I could like black birds so much until I got my black Orp cockerel.

The lacing on the bird from TOH is just awesome! If nothing else, it's great to look at!

Thanks for sharing the pics of Jody's Buff Orps you hatched. I think I will try some next year to start upgrading my son's buff Orp group.

Sorry if that was long-winded but pics of so many great birds deserve the extra effort!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom