Arrowhead block swap

Well, I voted to stay in. The problem is that people have a right to live and work in any country in the EU and people here get angry about all the immigrants but without them our hospitals would all struggle as would veg picking and quite a few other industries. These people all pay tax. The other complaint people have are the laws but to be honest most are for our own good and safety and they won't go away they will just become uk laws instead. I think we have far more to loose than we will gain by being out.
Plus there are many many Brits living on Europe who may have to come home.
Oh, that will really hurt the economy extra families and no source of income. Yes this is all in our news today and what the President said, has made a lot of people here mad.

Well, I voted to stay in. The problem is that people have a right to live and work in any country in the EU and people here get angry about all the immigrants but without them our hospitals would all struggle as would veg picking and quite a few other industries. These people all pay tax. The other complaint people have are the laws but to be honest most are for our own good and safety and they won't go away they will just become uk laws instead. I think we have far more to loose than we will gain by being out.
Plus there are many many Brits living on Europe who may have to come home.
Hmmm! It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I don't know enough about it to make an intelligent comment, but the state of Texas has been talking for a long time of seceding from the US. Crazy times! I'm sorry it didn't go the way you wanted. It was a very close vote!

I voted to stay in too. I'm quite concerned about what happens next. The result of leaving the EC has affected the financial markets already and is likely to affect jobs, housing, tax, and even the possibility of the 'United' bit of the United Kingdom disappearing. Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to stay in the EU but as part of the U.K. they will have to leave.

I voted to stay in too. I'm quite concerned about what happens next. The result of leaving the EC has affected the financial markets already and is likely to affect jobs, housing, tax, and even the possibility of the 'United' bit of the United Kingdom disappearing. Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to stay in the EU but as part of the U.K. they will have to leave.
It has affected the markets all over. I hope it doesn't bring on violence or wars. I haven't been paying attention. I didn't know this was even a concern or even a possibility!! It sounds unreal that this is happening. Will the monarchy still be in? Has there been any response from the Queen?

Hope this works from my phone! This is the fabric I thought might work.

I really like this fabric. I think it's helpful to see what others are using - helps me decide when I open my fabric closet. I just got back from vacation, and we leave again Saturday for Atlanta - we're gonna run the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. Hopefully I'll be able to get started on the blocks when we get back from that.
Kristy

So if Scotland and N. Ireland voted to stay "in" how would they leave the "United", by voting to leave? Oh wow that opens up a whole new can of worms.
Quote:
I really like this fabric. I think it's helpful to see what others are using - helps me decide when I open my fabric closet. I just got back from vacation, and we leave again Saturday for Atlanta - we're gonna run the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. Hopefully I'll be able to get started on the blocks when we get back from that.
Kristy
What state are you coming from? Your only about 2 hrs from me if you r in atlanta. Do you have friends here? How long do you plan on staying? What other things do you plan to do besides run the race? Ok I know 20 questions

I live in NC but my sisters family are all outside of Atlanta so will visit with them too. We always run the race and then watch the fireworks over the Lenox Mall. They are the best ever.

Kristy
Thank you! The background is a little brighter than the pic shows. What is the Peachtree Road Race? Vehicles, marathon?

The queen rules us but does not govern us so she can not make political statements. I really don't think that the people who voted for out realised all the implications.
I caught a news tidbit that some of the "yes" voters are regretting their decision just for the reason you stated. I guess I should research the monarchy and the government of UK. I don't quite know the difference in "ruling" and "governing." I'm going to look that up!

Back
Top Bottom