Arrowhead block swap

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, May 30, 2016.

1. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    it is a big marathon hundreds of people, quite a long race I think it is like 26 miles, I used to run 5 miles, Army days, and that was quite long enough. It is going to be a tough race with the heat.

2. kgb6days

kgb6days Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2016
    I'm sorry - shoulda explained. Peach tree Road Race is a 10K (6.2 mile) race in Atlanta every July 4th. It's billed as the largest 10K in the world for the longest consecutive years. There is a limit of 70,000 runners, not counting spectators. You only get your race T-shirt AFTER you complete the race, and there is a contest to design the shirt every year. It starts with wheelchair racers, then the elites from all over the world, then us common runners followed by the walkers. Tons of fun, very well organized. Of course Atlanta is hot, hilly and humid, but it's worth every step.

3. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I was giving you an extra 16 miles!!! Good luck I hope you have lots of fun!!!

4. chicalot

chicalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    I can't imagine running in the Atlanta heat and humidity. It was bad enough on a trolley in savannah, lol.

I'm off to a start. Squaring up is a pain and no 11.5 ruler so I had to get creative, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    oh wow very pretty

6. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Oh Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Stay safe and hydrated!!! [​IMG]

7. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Very very nice! It looks so straight and all the points match!! I hope mine come out that nice!! I was very disappointed with my prairie flower! [​IMG] Loved the pattern, not my sewing!

8. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    Hi everyone I'm trying to find an LED table lamp for my sewing table. One that plugs into the wall. I got one from Nancys notions that plugs into your pc, did not work had to return it. Then I thought I found a dritz mag light at wally world last nigh,t but in runs on batteries only and has only two lights, not bright enough.
    Does any one have any ideas? no Ikea stores around here.
    Help?

9. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    take a look at this,
    this one I think runs on batteries

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/sho...t/-/hammerhead-craft-light-with-cradle-silver

this one plugs in
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/30696/bendable-bright-lights-inc/-/bendable-bright-light

mounting kit
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/sho...ghts-inc/-/bendable-bright-light-mounting-kit

hope this helps

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  10. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    There is a light that the quilt stores are carrying, I will have to call tomorrow and find out info on it then I will post

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by