ASAP FREE TO GOOD HOME TRANSPORT INCLUDED

I Dm'd him asking if he has room. he has a lot of ducks, chickens, guinea's quails, pigs, rabbits... all kinds of critters. If all goes well I can get the duck today,, or more likely tomorrow.

What is the ducks general disposition with people? If he's a bit snotty that's ok, Ive slapped the crap out a few of scotty's roosters before so ornery birds won't be a deal killer, but in general how is he with people / other ducks / animals so I can tell him what to expect, so he knows where / with who to put the duck with?
Thanks
Aaron

I Dm'd him asking if he has room. he has a lot of ducks, chickens, guinea's quails, pigs, rabbits... all kinds of critters. If all goes well I can get the duck today,, or more likely tomorrow.

What is the ducks general disposition with people? If he's a bit snotty that's ok, Ive slapped the crap out a few of scotty's roosters before so ornery birds won't be a deal killer, but in general how is he with people / other ducks / animals so I can tell him what to expect, so he knows where / with who to put the duck with?
Thanks
Aaron
He is frazzled right now obviously but he doesn't have an issue with people but he won't come up to cuddle or anything. He would have followed her to the end of the earth. She was the sweetest loved to cuddle. He tried to protect her but wasnt enough. I brought people around but he would walk away if you walked up to him. When it comes to feeding greens he eats out of my hands cautiously. I can drop him wherever.

what you describe sounds like a typical male, when there are any females around. THEY are in charge, YOU bow down to them etc etc. Given he does not attack you thats a good start and I have a feeling that if he's with other ducks and he sees them running up and hand feeding he'll soon learn to be more friendly too. It worked with my chickens for the most part so Id think the same phyop would work with a duck too!

Id NEVER show him my cockatoo, then he'd just learn what gets your ass swatted. This bird is being a real brat today, HE wants attention and that is the ONLY thing that matters in the world.... if he screams one more time he's going to be shown the shower stall behind 4 closed doors again :D

Aaron

Well hell. Neither of them want a male duck. Im not sure Id be able to keep him here, not really set up for ducks, however I go back to work ( I work shifts, a week on a week off, 12-13 hour days) I start thursday again. Several of the guys I work for do farming / the rural life style so let me ask if any of them are interested in any ducks.

Im working on this, ill see what I can do. I have one other i am texting now he raises chickens and stuff, and has a few geese, he might take him if need be.

Aaron

and THIS is what I put up with.
the chair arm quickly turns into MY arm, which makes it difficult to type in forums etc etc...
He's lucky Cockatoo's are not tasty.
Trade you a duck for a Rottentoo maybe?
Aaron

Edit: Im still asking around. Not going to lie. Males are difficult to get rid of .. of pretty much ANY bird species Ive seen in my limited experience. All they do is make noise eat and poop. Females now give eggs, THEY are actually useful. Unless you'd be willing to see it turn into dinner, which I am thinking is a big NO, it's going to take a bit of work.. We'll figure something out though.

Attachments

• pest 1.jpg
    pest 1.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 6
  • pest 2.jpg
    pest 2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 6
I still think Craigslist is a good option. Since you are planning on delivering him anyway it would give you a good opportunity to meet the people taking him, and see what their setup looks like. You could also put a 10-20 dollar rehoming fee for him just to scare away anybody looking for a free meal. From your pictures you posted it looks like he is harness trained, I think that could go a long way to finding him a good home as a pet duck.

It's at least worth making a post in the pets section of your Craigslist just to see what kinds of responses you get.

Back
Top Bottom