Ascites?? Swollen, squishy abdomen - WITH PICS & VIDEO (page 9)

I think she is still laying internally. I'm surprised she has made it this long! I guess there could be another underlying cause of the ascites, but my gut tells me it's internal laying. But whatever it is really isn't slowing her down - she was running around and flapping her wings yesterday looking very happy! :)

Thanks for posting that Video TamTam84!! We've drained our girl a couple times and it's had to be a 2 person job - this looks like a much better way to do it! Thank you.
Last time we drained her was 5/20.... she was on baytril for 10 days and finished that up on 5/31. She had been doing great back to her old self... but I've noticed her swelling up again and starting to really waddle. We drained her again last night... was hoping it would continue to drain off after I pulled the needle out like hit had before... but it stopped so I'm thinking I should poke her about 3 times like you did.
Was that the same needle and syringe for all 3 times? Thanks again for all you've shared!

Glad the video was helpful to you! Yes, I used the same needle and syringe for all 3 times that I poked her. If you really want to do a proper job, I suppose you should really clean the area first before you poke her. Usually I just want to make it fast and not stress Buttercup out too much, and I've never had any issues with her getting infected or anything. And the needle is sterile of course before I insert it.

When I only poked her 2 times on one side, she didn't drain out on her own nearly as well as when I poke 3 times and go on opposite sides. But now that I do it this way it works like a charm.

Ok guys I have been doing the milk thistle extract for 3 weeks now and I have noticed that both my girls abdomen has gone down in size. I really NOTICED a difference when I felt them today. At first I thought I've got to be crazy but it really has gone down!! I play tennis and their lump was definitely the size of a tennis ball and now it is the size of a golf ball. I do not know exactly what is going on with my girls but it has to be the milk thistle extract that has reduced the fluid!! I got it at my local health food store and it was not that expensive. Might be worth a try!!!

Oh wow, that's great news! Guess that means their fluid is due to fatty liver. Next time I'm at my local health food store I'll have to see if they have milk thistle extract. Glad it helped your girls out!!!

I guess. I just know I'm willing to try anything especially if it is a natural remedy! I have also been reading up on grapefruit seed extract. Great info about it for livestock. I'll see if I can figure out how to send link :) We will find something that will help Buttercup and Chickabod!!

Let me know if you find out anything good with the grapefruit seed extract. Sounds interesting. I'm all about natural remedies as well!

Back
Top Bottom