Ascites?? Swollen, squishy abdomen - WITH PICS & VIDEO (page 9)

Thanks again for your helpful information! Checking on Rosie everyday and just seems like she keeps filling up. I will wait until she does get big before redraining. Worried on how fast she did refill though, hope it doesn't indicate something even worse. All I can do though is my best to keep her happy and comfortable. Will try the milk thistle in hopes that will help her out. Fingers crossed! Hope your Buttercup is doing better! I really do appreciate all your help! :)

I'm sorry Rosie is refilling so fast! Like you said, just try to keep her happy and comfortable. My Buttercup fought hard, but she ended up passing away last December. I first noticed her retaining fluid last April, so she did survive for quite a while with regular drainings. I'm just glad that I was able to share my experience with her and what I learned with others to help out. It makes me happy that something good has come out of Buttercup's experience.

I'm sorry Rosie is refilling so fast! Like you said, just try to keep her happy and comfortable. My Buttercup fought hard, but she ended up passing away last December. I first noticed her retaining fluid last April, so she did survive for quite a while with regular drainings. I'm just glad that I was able to share my experience with her and what I learned with others to help out. It makes me happy that something good has come out of Buttercup's experience.

I'm so sorry about Buttercup but you both gave a great fight! I wish you had a better out come. :(
I don't think we're going to have much luck here either, had to drain Rosie again for a third time. She's still eating and drinking but doesn't look good at all. I know the outlook is not good but Thank You once more for all your help!

Thank you for your condolences. We did fight hard! I wish the best for you and your Rosie. You are taking great care of her and no matter what happens, she is aware of that and knows how much you love her :)

Hey artsyrobin -

So sorry you are having to deal with this. I made a video of how I drained Buttercup so you can check that out here if you want -

Feel free to PM me with any other questions you might have if you aren't finding the answer on this thread. Good luck!

I am so very sorry to hear about Rosie :( I definitely understand how hard it is. I felt the same way with Buttercup at the end, that I was just thankful that she wasn't in pain anymore. I'm glad that my experience with Buttercup helped you out with Rosie. Hang in there! :)

Sad update: my Rosie passed away last night. Just thankful that she is no longer in any pain. Thank You to everyone on here with all the helpful tips that helped me with my girl! So grateful for all!

I am so sorry to hear about your Rosie!! I certainly understand your situation I have dealt with it several times. It is very hard :(

Back
Top Bottom