Ascitis? Please help

Pics
I’m fairly certain... It does squish a bit when I put pressure on it, but I haven’t seen any panting or mouth breathing. Considering her state, I don’t see that there’s anything else I can try short of just culling her. Which is what I will do if I am wrong. The pressure is displacing her vent, and she’s leaking feces and urates from it, I’ve tried inserting a finger and could only get about an inch in.

Unless there’s another suggestion as to what I can try to do for her? She’s still eating, but her whole backside is just getting constantly coated with the dribbling. It’s hard because she still seems sort of normal in behaviors, then she will clearly be in pain at times. And I think the poop isn’t getting out because of the swelling.

I don’t really have that level of skill... I suppose I could try. We apparently only have 18 guage needles on hand. I would prefer to improve her quality of life, but if I can’t, then it’s better that she goes quickly and with less suffering.

I’m fairly certain... It does squish a bit when I put pressure on it, but I haven’t seen any panting or mouth breathing. Considering her state, I don’t see that there’s anything else I can try short of just culling her. Which is what I will do if I am wrong. The pressure is displacing her vent, and she’s leaking feces and urates from it, I’ve tried inserting a finger and could only get about an inch in.

Unless there’s another suggestion as to what I can try to do for her? She’s still eating, but her whole backside is just getting constantly coated with the dribbling. It’s hard because she still seems sort of normal in behaviors, then she will clearly be in pain at times. And I think the poop isn’t getting out because of the swelling.
Try the Baytril first and see if she improves.

Back
Top Bottom