Aseels

Quote:
Shamos vary, the average is around 25-32 inches tall. But the Malay is definitely the tallest, literally average height on cocks is around 34" and some have been heard of around 49". Asils vary too, you have the Reza which is no where near the tallest (called Reza- small Asil for a reason) all the way up to the Kulang which is about the height of a Shamo I think.

-Daniel

Sorry gentlemen, I have to respectfully disagree here..People always talk about Malay being so tall. Shamo are standardized at 3 pounds heavier than Malay, and they are that much more proportionally taller. Obviously strains can and will vary in size, but, an O shamo in general should be taller than a Malay. I have seen good examples of both in person, the Shamo are taller and heavier both. These are both very large chickens with some natural overlap in size, I'm just saying the giant 3' Malay are extremely rare, and giant Shamo, not nearly as rare. Most asils are quite small, sure, some huge ones are around, but, most over here are the small reza type, which are quite short. Honestly, the tallest chickens I've ever seen have been Langshans, with good shamo coming in a very close second.

I have kulang Asil / Iranian lari
My stag is 4 months old and is already towers over most of my fowl
And he's only a baby he's Definately over 20 in. Tall

I posted a pic of him in the oriental Gamefowl thread ;)
Not much to him yet, he's still in his scragaly stage ;)

Josh, you are very fortunate to have a bird like that. I've never seen anything like that in person, only pictures. All the asils I've seen are small. Those strains you have are very rare here the USA, I think?

Back
Top Bottom