Asian blue

Very glad to see info on the Asian Blues here. We got 8 of them from Tractor Supply last week. One was very tiny compared to the others and died after never seeming to thrive. The rest are growing up fast, all have wing feathers and are sick of their brooder. They seem to be much more obnoxious than other breeds I've raised. Very cute, though. Can't wait to see what they look like all grown up.

I picked up 6 Asian Blue's from Tractor Supply along w/ two ducklings a few weeks ago. I was curious about the breed too, thus I stumbled across this thread. The little blues are really cute and love to be coddled. They are a more spunky than our Reds for sure. Thanks for that pic of an older one. Beautiful bird.

I have some "Macy" updates! She's turning into a really nice girl! They've been outside for a week or two and have figured out their "cliques" Macy likes to hang with the Australorps
Here she is between a RIR hen and an Australorp hen

She seems to have a little fuzz like a beard, wonder if it will stay! She also has some gold feathers on her neck.
Here she is cuddling with the Australorp rooster, so sweet

My Asian blues were bought at the end of March. By 3 weeks they were very heavy compared to other breeds at that age. I will say, they are pigs. They eat A LOT. They drink a lot also of course since they eat so much. I just graduated them up to the rest of the flock so we will see if it slows them down. Hoping they ate so much out of boredom, don't think so though. They don't look anything like the pictures posted on the two hatchery pages. I will post more pictures close up. Reminder, they are 2 months old.

This is what 5 of them look like

These two are roosters I believe. Their pattern is totally different.

This is the only one that looks like it might grow to look like the hatchery picture.

This is what 5 of them look like

These two are roosters I believe. Their pattern is totally different.

This is the only one that looks like it might grow to look like the hatchery picture.

Wow what a wide range of colors!!!! Did you get them from a hatchery directly or from TSC? Mine is mostly black but she does have a tiny bit of gold around her neck.

Back
Top Bottom