Asian blue

[/IMG]
These are two I got from tsc. They are about 8 weeks old right now. They are the friendliest of the six I bought. The others are red sex link and 2 broilers (were supposed to be California whites but were labeled wrong) one def looks like a rooster. They were both black with a little bit of white on the neck and underside when we got them. The black one has a lot of bluish green irridescent color that is hard to see. The other guy has a little color starting in the tail

[/IMG]
These are two I got from tsc. They are about 8 weeks old right now. They are the friendliest of the six I bought. The others are red sex link and 2 broilers (were supposed to be California whites but were labeled wrong) one def looks like a rooster. They were both black with a little bit of white on the neck and underside when we got them. The black one has a lot of bluish green irridescent color that is hard to see. The other guy has a little color starting in the tail

Wow look at his color that's awesome! Definitely a roo! The second one looks similar to mine at that age, I can definitely see the green iridescent coming in and I'm thinking pullet

They are definitely still a little young to know for sure but I am thinking you may have a couple Roos, especially that last pic looks to be developing a comb pretty early. The second pic looks like two pullets but in a week or so it would be easier to tell. With my group of chicks, the two things that seemed to stick out for the Roos were faster comb growth and slower feather growth. When they were younger and all at the same age the pullets had long tails and wings while the Roos had very short tails and short wings and much less feather coverage. The tail thing obviously changes as they get older and are fully feathered.

Hi everyone! I am new to the chicken world and also purchased chick's from tractor supply. 3 were listed as Asians and 3 were listed as Pullets. I am amazed at the difference in color at the three marked as Asians. There is a black one and two reddish with tan and black. If you can give me any more info on any of the chickens it would be great!

Hi everyone! I am new to the chicken world and also purchased chick's from tractor supply. 3 were listed as Asians and 3 were listed as Pullets. I am amazed at the difference in color at the three marked as Asians. There is a black one and two reddish with tan and black. If you can give me any more info on any of the chickens it would be great!

I have noticed that tsc quite often has chicks mixed up in their bins. Here is a pic of my three asian blues.

Back
Top Bottom