Ask a chef

I think every culture has some sort of "stuffed" pie like food... Intended to be eaten hot or cold Grab and go for lunch in the fields or work. Wrapped in paper or leaves till time to eat...
droolin.gif

deb

I'm sure I know why every old world culture has a stuffed bread something or other lol ;) I wonder what the old German name for "cabbage pocket" or "krautburger" is?... That's just cabbage, German sausage, onion, salt and pepper in a calzone type dough... Oh I'm going to have to make some, these made me hungry ha-ha ;)

Last edited:
From T. Day

Breakfast dips. Roast beast Swiss cresants

Tomato cucumber salad, one of the only applicable uses for wishbone Italian
1f602.png

Turkey going in. Stuffed with orange apple and onion. Lots of dehydrated herbs onion garlic and pepper on top. Stayed in s foil tent til about the last half hour when I started basting it.

3 pounds of glorious bacon bits and ends getting crispy.

Same pan used to reduce cream for baked Mac and cheese
1f609.png

He whole spread. Started getting busy and lost track of pictures.
Theres baked Mac and cheese with broccoli and bacon
Cornbread sausage stuffing
Candied yams
Garlic mashed
Whipped butter and rolls
and not photographed were the pumpkin pies.

Happy holidays.

A.

Great spread!!! :drool
Can we do thanksgiving again? :lau

In another year maybe
1f602.png

I am putting together a couple dozen mini pot pies from the scraps of the broken down turkey and subsequent stock tho. Christmas dinner is coming however which means more roasted foods, including a black chicken.

My first fully planned menu is being executed for a party of 25 tonight.
Prime rib with garlic mashed, grilled salmon with lemon cilantro rice and pork ribs with roasted red potatoes.
Choice of fall salad or leek and potato soup. Peppermint brownie a la mode for dessert.

A.

Last edited:
In another year maybe
1f602.png

I am putting together a couple dozen mini pot pies from the scraps of the broken down turkey and subsequent stock tho. Christmas dinner is coming however which means more roasted foods, including a black chicken.

My first fully planned menu is being executed for a party of 25 tonight.
Prime rib with garlic mashed, grilled salmon with lemon cilantro rice and pork ribs with roasted red potatoes.
Choice of fall salad or leek and potato soup. Peppermint brownie a la mode for dessert.

A.
lol
sounds yummy, ar you serving the brownie with creme de menthe green and ice cream??
droolin.gif

Leek and potato soup with sour cream and crispy bacon.

Fall salad with apples onion dried cranberries and candied walnuts, creamy Italian on the side
Missed pictures of the ribs, prime and what ended up being sockeye instead of king salmon but looked amazing and was delicious none the less.

Here's the brownie. Went with both Melba and chocolate sauces.

A.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom