Ask a chef

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by attimus, Mar 25, 2016.

1. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't have a smoker so this is the next best thing. The direct flame would cause the fat from the leg to drip to much and char the outside before the center would be even close to done.

A.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. attimus

[​IMG] current temp in the box.

3. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Ok, Thank You! That's helps a lot. [​IMG]

5. attimus

no problem. A smoker would be ideal given the appropriate amount of time, I'm guessing aprox. Two hours this way. Ample time for veg and starch.

A.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  6. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Try thus rub: garlic, Salvia- sage, salt, olive oil, bp, rosmary, all hand crushed in a mortar and rubbed on and in the lamb leg.
    You can make sume cuts in the leg and enter to them some smoked gees brest ( or bacon that I don't eat. :lol:)

What kind of chip you used? Hickory? Cherry?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  7. attimus

that sounds good too, I had a jar I put together prior for meat so it went to use. There was bacon in the rissotto, enough to give that extra salty crisp. Hickory chips from the store but I kept pouring the end of some heady beers on them before they were applied to said coals. Can't wait for all the fruit trees to get big enough to limb for smoking, should be picking up another olive next week to add to the orchard.

A.

8. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    I have 2 olive trees, and I get mor then 200 kg every other year, ( olives have two year cycel of production) but the problem here that we have the olive fly, that devastate the yeald, and I dont want to use pesticide, so I have problem.... Mabe I will make olive oil next year, will see!

[​IMG]

9. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

I am following in hopes of being inspired to create master pieces for my family and brood of seven people. Pizza and spegetti get old after awhile. Very excited to read through and be caught up. I already see some great chefs on this thread. [​IMG]

10. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Might have to give this one a whirl. Great thread by the way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by