Ask a chef

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by attimus, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

2. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Thanks my freind I do use the yelow stiky pads and some pheromones trap, but it is not a big sucsses, abaout cleaning the fallen fruit no chance of that! Almost all my neighbors have olive trees! Can't see it hapens! I think to cover the tree by a special type of netting, the problem is that the net prevent pollinators so as I have said before, I have a problem........:lol:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

those are great looking trees, mine still have quite a ways to go before they are that size. Do you know how old they are? I spray around here with a mixture of neem oil, hot pepper, and a dash of dish soap in 3 gallons of water in a hand pump spray but I think those trees might be to big for that. Lol. Do fly predators go after olive flys? Now I need to look that up.
    Looking forward to seeing the process if you plan on making oil, it'll be a first for me.

Welcome and thanks. I think using my smaller/bantam eggs will produce a fuller flavor throughout the egg but I'm still planning on adjusting the seasonings. Everyone at work seemed to like them including my boss and our sommelier, and I respect both of their opinions greatly.

@wishing4wings great info from Davis, Thanks.

A.

4. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

York, I would love to learn how to make yorkshire pudding. Im not even 100 percent sure what it is.. but is it bread that you bake with your meats that gather the juices as it cooks. I would love insight.

5. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    A neighbor friend of mine walked around our little area asking (demanding- in a nice way!) that others take care of their trees so she could get a decent crop. No olive trees here. I want figs. The deer don't eat those either.

Most welcome, Attimus. I didn't even know about it until the neighbor told me.

6. lindalouly

I have a crab apple tree in my yard that I use to smoke with.. if I am out, I opt to buy wood chips from the store... Depending on the size of meat, I will usually get mesquite, but hickory would be choice two.. if it is for smaller cuts like chicken... I like an apple wood. I converted my old grill into a smoker and use a gas grill for easy cooking during the summer.

7. attimus

sadly we did not run the pork shank Saturday night which meant no salad either. I did get the components together during brunch but was no part of its plating last night. I'm gonna ask my boss if he got pictures today but I fear the presentation might be lacking as some of the other cooks are a bit heavy handed.

A.

8. attimus

fire was started with mesquite oak coals, stoked with the oak we just fell the other day and topped with the chips close to the end. Wish there was a scratch and sniff app
    [​IMG]
    cause this stuff was off the chain.
    I've been simmering the bone and some veg sraps since last night, making a real nice stock, for what I don't know but couldn't pass up the chance.

A.

9. lindalouly

That looks good... Now I must figure out something to grill tonight.....

10. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by