Ask a chef

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by attimus, Mar 25, 2016.

1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

I have a question that has been brought up to me by my dad... My folks have converted to eating my eggs instead of store bought. He loves to boil a batch and take a boiled egg to work with him for his lunch. He called and said that because the eggs are so fresh that he can not successfully peal them. He ends up taking the whites off as well as the shell. Now he is tempted to buy eggs just so he can properly peal them. Is there a reason this is happening and how can we combat this situation so my dad can continue eating our farm fresh eggs. @attimus

2. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    They are 8 m ( 24 feet) high they are almost 30 years old! Baby's in the olive tree scale. I saw a 250 years old tree.

3. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

one of the reasons I am planting the olive trees out here. They should be around awhile. Lol. Mariposa Grove near Yosemite has some old trees and avenue of the giants on the way through northern California but I've only ever seen old growth evergreens. Looked up some old olive trees tho and they look amazing.

A.

4. Akrnaf2

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    The reason that happens is because the Albumen sticks to the egg shell very hard and thats happens in fresh eggs because the ph less basic in fresh eggs, in older eggs the ph inside the eggs became more basic because loosing of Co2 from the egg. In this situation the albumen become lee sticky and the shell go off Easley. So what you need to do: 1. Boil egg after 4-5 days from laying
    2. If you want a fresher egg add to the boiling water Sodium Bicarbonate that enter the eggs and make it more basic inside so its pill easily.
    You have to notice 2 things: if you use SB you can have a Sulfuric smell, and the yolk could be greenish ! The solution: don't overcook it! Put the egg for 6 minute in boiling water, and then in cold water! ( it is hard to write in English!!)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. Akrnaf2

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    The wood it self is excellent in color and it used for ages in craving, and tools making.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    My father has a beautiful chess set made from olive wood.

7. Akrnaf2

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    I assume it is very Beautiful!

8. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    It is because it came from Israel [​IMG]

9. Akrnaf2

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    I new it, it is the " staple food" of the shop owners in the old city of Jerusalem!

10. BuckAlorp

BuckAlorp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    I have heard that if you steam your eggs for 20 minutes, instead of boiling , they will peel very easy. I have not yet tried this, but there are a few on BYC that have sworn by it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by