Ask a chef

Pics
I have a question that has been brought up to me by my dad... My folks have converted to eating my eggs instead of store bought. He loves to boil a batch and take a boiled egg to work with him for his lunch. He called and said that because the eggs are so fresh that he can not successfully peal them. He ends up taking the whites off as well as the shell. Now he is tempted to buy eggs just so he can properly peal them. Is there a reason this is happening and how can we combat this situation so my dad can continue eating our farm fresh eggs. @attimus

I have 2 olive trees, and I get mor then 200 kg every other year, ( olives have two year cycel of production) but the problem here that we have the olive fly, that devastate the yeald, and I dont want to use pesticide, so I have problem.... Mabe I will make olive oil next year, will see!

those are great looking trees, mine still have quite a ways to go before they are that size. Do you know how old they are? I spray around here with a mixture of neem oil, hot pepper, and a dash of dish soap in 3 gallons of water in a hand pump spray but I think those trees might be to big for that. Lol. Do fly predators go after olive flys? Now I need to look that up.
Looking forward to seeing the process if you plan on making oil, it'll be a first for me.

Might have to give this one a whirl. Great thread by the way.

Welcome and thanks. I think using my smaller/bantam eggs will produce a fuller flavor throughout the egg but I'm still planning on adjusting the seasonings. Everyone at work seemed to like them including my boss and our sommelier, and I respect both of their opinions greatly.

@wishing4wings great info from Davis, Thanks.

A.

They are 8 m ( 24 feet) high they are almost 30 years old! Baby's in the olive tree scale. I saw a 250 years old tree.

They are 8 m ( 24 feet) high they are almost 30 years old! Baby's in the olive tree scale. I saw a 250 years old tree.
one of the reasons I am planting the olive trees out here. They should be around awhile. Lol. Mariposa Grove near Yosemite has some old trees and avenue of the giants on the way through northern California but I've only ever seen old growth evergreens. Looked up some old olive trees tho and they look amazing.

A.

I have a question that has been brought up to me by my dad... My folks have converted to eating my eggs instead of store bought. He loves to boil a batch and take a boiled egg to work with him for his lunch. He called and said that because the eggs are so fresh that he can not successfully peal them. He ends up taking the whites off as well as the shell. Now he is tempted to buy eggs just so he can properly peal them. Is there a reason this is happening and how can we combat this situation so my dad can continue eating our farm fresh eggs. @attimus

The reason that happens is because the Albumen sticks to the egg shell very hard and thats happens in fresh eggs because the ph less basic in fresh eggs, in older eggs the ph inside the eggs became more basic because loosing of Co2 from the egg. In this situation the albumen become lee sticky and the shell go off Easley. So what you need to do: 1. Boil egg after 4-5 days from laying
2. If you want a fresher egg add to the boiling water Sodium Bicarbonate that enter the eggs and make it more basic inside so its pill easily.
You have to notice 2 things: if you use SB you can have a Sulfuric smell, and the yolk could be greenish ! The solution: don't overcook it! Put the egg for 6 minute in boiling water, and then in cold water! ( it is hard to write in English!!)

Last edited:
one of the reasons I am planting the olive trees out here. They should be around awhile. Lol. Mariposa Grove near Yosemite has some old trees and avenue of the giants on the way through northern California but I've only ever seen old growth evergreens. Looked up some old olive trees tho and they look amazing.

A.

The wood it self is excellent in color and it used for ages in craving, and tools making.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom