Ask a chef

Quote:
hugs.gif
Awwwww Zach! I love reading all your posts, I am forever getting munchies when your around!! Mike and I enjoy helping everyone and getting everyone together! Thank you love this thread!!!
highfive.gif

:hugs    Awwwww Zach! I love reading all your posts, I am forever getting munchies when your around!!   Mike and I enjoy helping everyone and getting everyone together!  Thank you love this thread!!!  :highfive:
seriously thank you Sally. I'm happy to be swept up in this whirlwind of a chicken world. Looking forward to many fun contests.

@Akrnaf2 your buns inspired a salad I'm planning for tomorrow. roasted beets(red and gold), red onion, toasted pine nuts and some good funky blue cheese with a grilled rosemary vinegrette. Just hoping the store has beets or I'll have to change it up.

A.

Last edited:
Red and green rolls
For the red rolls
1. 1-2 beets boiled( I Cooke them in the micro wave)
2. 1 kilo Wheat flour or white spelt flour.
3. 30-40 grams of dry yeast
4. 25 grams of salt
5. 300-350 grams of water( I weight the water on scales!)
6. 50 grams of olive oil.
M.O
You crush the beet with some water to a smooth paste.
In a bowel you put the flour add the yeas and mix, add the salt and mix,
Add the oil and mix, add the beet and mix, then add slowly the water until you have reach a nice,elastic, dough. Don't be afraid to add some more flour if it us to sticky or some water if it to dry!
Knead the dough for about 10 minutes and let the dough to rise covered with a plastic bag or plastic wrap, until doubled it's volume. Then arrange two baking trays covered with baking paper and let the rolls you have created. I cut pieces of 50-100 grams and made from them a simple knot. Apply on them beaten egg, and sprinkle some sesame seeds. I forgot to mention during this time you should turn on the oven to 200 degrees C on a fan mode and put in the ovens bottom a bowl water.
Then put in the oven the rolls and bake to perfection!

The green ones are the same just replies the beet with 200-300 gram spinach.

I'm rather intrigued by these rolls.

The easiest and one of the most Healthiest ice-cream ever!

Here the receipt:
3 bananas
1 ripe mango
100% organic maple
Milk
You peal,cut the fruits and put them in the freezer,after they
Have been frozen, you put them in a food processor, add some milk( not to much just to reach the right consistency) maple as you wont. Process it until you have an ice cream consistency.
If you will add some frozen fresh dates you will upgrade it!

"Filfe ch'umma" ( chili and garlic in Arabic) the overall use hot past
#.100 gr. of hot paprika powder ( or 50 gr. hot and 50 gr. milled paprika)
#.One entire hade of garlic -crushed.
#.1 full tbs of Cumin
#.1 full tbs of Caraway
#.1 tsp of salt
#.Vegetable oil ( sun flower, canola, corn)
#.Water
M.o
In a bowel you mix the paprika ,cumin ,Caraway, salt, then you add GENTLY water wile you mix, until you get the consistency of thick porridge. Then you add garlic mix,put it a glass jar and cover it with oil, and put it in the fridge, it stays for ever as long as you keep it under oil!
Suggestion of use:
1. In a fresh Baguette spread some of it, put in canned Tuna fish, some fine chopped salad, and some pickled lemon ( not obligatory) and hard boild egg cut to 1/4.
2. Spread some of it on an Omelet.
3. Put it in the "Shakshouka" sauce. ( recipe in the future!)
4. A obligatory ingredient in "Harymee" hot Libyan fish, delicious! ( recipe in the future!)
5. In anything that you want!

Last edited:

Spicy pickled eggs.
3cup vinegar
4tsp salt
3tsp cayenne,I substituted siracha,alot
6 garlic cloves
12 peppercorns
10 whole allspice
2 tsp yellow mustard seed, I used brown
4 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
2 fresh hot peppers, I used a large pablano

Bring all ingredients to boil and remove from heat. Let steep for two hours then pour over hard boiled eggs. To Seal jar place in boiling water for 10 mins then let cool. Let jar sit for 2 weeks before consumption. If not sealed consume within two weeks.
*disclaimer* I take no responsibility for anyone's home pickling practices.

The eggs turned out alright but could have been hotter. A little tweaking to the recipe on the next batch.

A.

Last edited:
Spicy pickled eggs.
3cup vinegar
4tsp salt
6 garlic cloves
12 peppercorns
10 whole allspice
4 whole cloves
2 bay leaves

Bring all ingredients to boil and remove from heat. Let steep for two hours then pour over hard boiled eggs. To Seal jar place in boiling water for 10 mins then let cool. Let jar sit for 2 weeks before consumption. If not sealed consume within two weeks.

The eggs turned out alright but could have been hotter. A little tweaking to the recipe on the next batch.

A.
Maybe with using the original cayenne, and using a really hot pepper instead of a Poblano the heat might be more intense in the eggs. Did you just use regular white vinegar?

Definitely going to give this a try - Thanks!

Maybe with using the original cayenne, and using a really hot pepper instead of a Poblano the heat might be more intense in the eggs. Did you just use regular white vinegar?

Definitely going to give this a try - Thanks!
agreed about a hotter pepper, and I'm a big fan of siracha so it was my go to. And yes sorry, distilled white vinegar. This was my first attempt at pickled eggs and now that I haven't single handedly taken out the entire kitchen staff I'll be making more as well.

A.

Spicy pickled eggs.
3cup vinegar
4tsp salt
6 garlic cloves
12 peppercorns
10 whole allspice
4 whole cloves
2 bay leaves

A.

Try it with quail eggs! They have more intence " eggi" tast that I like very much!

Back
Top Bottom