Ask a chef

Pics
Just found this wonderful Tahini and mad this wonderful Tahini "bred"!

You guys have some lucky wives!!!! Looks wonderful Benny!!!

You guys have some lucky wives!!!! Looks wonderful Benny!!!
we are the lucky ones to have wives that put up with the chaos that the kitchen can turn in to on occasion ;)

A.

Agree, we have a very clear deal
I buy ( she can't distinguished between garlic and onion! :lau) and cook, She eat and clean! Good for both sides of the deal!
I always lounge on her and say that she is an expert on cooking water, that in time to time she even manage to burn! :gig

Last edited:
Agree, we have a very clear deal
I buy ( she can't distinguished between garlic and onion! :lau) and cook, She eat and clean! Good for both sides of the deal!
I always lounge on her and say that she is an expert on cooking water, that in time to time she even manage to burn! :gig
haha I get both ends. And eat what she makes if she makes. But she leaves me to my devices for the most part.

LOL Mom could burn the same pot of beans twice.... Dad was the cook in our family... he was the son of a share cropper.... His mom would cook for anyone and everyone.... that worked on the farm. seasonal workers got a lunch of fried chicken and fixins... were talking between ten and twenty field hands along with the family. All food they grew themselves.... Chicken butchered that morning..... There was no refrigeration so i suspect they used ice and salt to chill the carcasses down. Salt makes the ice melt and the process of melting brings the temperature down.

But dad also worked two jobs one in a machine shop and one as a tool designer.... so he was never home. But on the rare occasion He would cook.... Lamb with rosemary and little slivers of garlic poked into the flesh,
droolin.gif
He brought home a whole SkipJack once (they are small around 10-20 pounds) Rather than pay for a deck hand to filet it he had watched and came home and filleted it himself..... Then portioned it out to serving sized and packed it in Vacuum storage bags along with slices of lemon pats of butter and some slices of garlic. Then they got sealed and popped in the freezer.

When time for dinner he would pop a couple of bags into the microwave. The fish came out beautifully cooked in its own juices. Flaky not rubbery and buttery..... I think that microwave was one of the first that came out on the market. Back in the seventies.

I learned to cook watching him with his no fear in the kitchen and watching TV. Mom had some good dishes eventually....

deb

So motherday brunch was a record and came close to a breaking our dinner record yowzers 178. That was alot of eggs.
Anyways, getting shark in at work tonight. Presumably mako. We usually grill it about medium and I'm gonna take a stab in the dark ;) and say our sou chef is going to make a pineapple salsa for it, also grilled.

A.

I love grilled pineapple. What does the heat do to it , sweeten it up or cut the acid? oh, denatures the protein so it cuts the bite?
Anyway,it is just so good. We cut it in slabs and my son puts it on his hamburgers instead of tomato.
what does your chef put in his grilled pineapple salsa?

Back
Top Bottom