Ask a chef

Just made a really BIG pot of pinto beans and ham hocks..... Best ever....
droolin.gif

Dinner.... Dont ask me what it is but it was very tasty... FWIW I do NOT like cooked cauliflower

1 pound crimini mushrooms sliced
1 medium onion diced
3 pounds of Cauliflower
chopped into rice sized pieces Package came that way.
1 package onion soup mix
8 oz chicken tenders sliced
the same size as the mushroom slices
Butter
oil either olive or corn
Salt
Pepper
Garlic granulated
Tumeric

Saute onions and mushrooms till the
mushrooms start giving off their moisture
Salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste

in a stock pot sweat the cauliflower with butter
and a little water. Add in the soup mix and
a little water so you can stirr it all togehter
Salt and pepper and garlic to taste.
Then Toss in the pan full of mushrooms and onions
and the liquor into the cauliflower...

Add in Enough water to make it simmerable...
I am guessing the whole deal was appx 2 or 3 cups water total.
Oh and tumeric... appx one tablespoon. I kind
of spilled the container...

Simmer till you smell the Cauliflower. and it is very tender

Saute the chicken tender slices in the mushroom pan with butter... They cook quick so cook them
just before serving the cauliflower mushroom.... Soup? Ragou?

Salt and pepper and garlic and poultry seasoning for the chicken.
Serve a bowl of the Soup top 1/3 of the chicken, and a couple of slices of sourdough bread.

I ate a huge bowl of it...
deb

for what its worth I only cooked enough chicken for each of us in the family... We needed more veggies than meat this meal.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but just in case anyone has a sous vide cooker at home, check this out! I have the "stick" like Anova one, and I'm going to try this...

https://anovaculinary.com/easy-home...-99883893&mc_cid=89c7b55802&mc_eid=a6563bde67

- Ant Farm

cool.... looks good... I been toying with the idea of doing Coddled eggs in small mason jars.... I love soft boiled eggs but cant time it well so coddling them in a little butter or milk sounds like fun. Coddled eggs are very similar to poached eggs.

deb

Quote:
If I get my act together today and try it out, I'll let you know how it goes. I had tried the Starbucks things (yes, TOO expensive - but yummy), led this idea. I'm also a sucker for cooking things in little mason jars - it's how I make flan.

I'm going to make cauliflower soup in a little bit.
thumbsup.gif

- Ant Farm

Beef wellington made from sirloin and not from filet mignon
Ingredients
2 kg of sirlion cut to 2 pieces long wise with the grain.
1kg of fresh mushrooms
1kg ok puff pastry
0.3 kg of smoked goos brest sliced
Tyme
Garlick
Salt an pepper
Dijon mustard
Veg. Oil

M.O
Salt and pepper the meat
Put some oil in a big pan and sear,and carmelaize the meat from all part, let it cool and coat with dijon mustard

For the museum doxell
Put in a fud processor, or salad maker, the mushrooms 5-6 garlic cloves, 2 tbs of fresh thyme, salt pepper and proces to not to fine pieces, something like corn grsins.
Heat a pan, with nothing on!, put the mushrooms and stir until all the water vaporize, let it cool.

Spred some nylon wrapping sheet, fix the goos brest slices, with 1/4 slice overlapping put the doxell and then put the meat.
Close the nylon wrap tidily, and put itin the fridge for some hours.

Roll the puff pastry to a thin layer, put the remaining mushrooms doxell on it get the meat out of the wrap, and put it on the puff pastry, close it, make 2-3 chimney holes in the top, cot it with egg wash, (or yolk wash which is better! ) put it in a preheated oven (180 C) for 35-45 minutes
I mad a wonderful mushrooms sauce to accompany it!

Beef wellington made from sirloin and not from filet mignon
Ingredients
2 kg of sirlion cut to 2 pieces long wise with the grain.
1kg of fresh mushrooms
1kg ok puff pastry
0.3 kg of smoked goos brest sliced
Tyme
Garlick
Salt an pepper
Dijon mustard
Veg. Oil

M.O
Salt and pepper the meat
Put some oil in a big pan and sear,and carmelaize the meat from all part, let it cool and coat with dijon mustard

For the museum doxell
Put in a fud processor, or salad maker, the mushrooms 5-6 garlic cloves, 2 tbs of fresh thyme, salt pepper and proces to not to fine pieces, something like corn grsins.
Heat a pan, with nothing on!, put the mushrooms and stir until all the water vaporize, let it cool.

Spred some nylon wrapping sheet, fix the goos brest slices, with 1/4 slice overlapping put the doxell and then put the meat.
Close the nylon wrap tidily, and put itin the fridge for some hours.

Roll the puff pastry to a thin layer, put the remaining mushrooms doxell on it get the meat out of the wrap, and put it on the puff pastry, close it, make 2-3 chimney holes in the top, cot it with egg wash, (or yolk wash which is better! ) put it in a preheated oven (180 C) for 35-45 minutes
I mad a wonderful mushrooms sauce to accompany it!

Wonderful!!!!

My brother once had a friend who was a chef at a vegetarian restaurant (Cafe Sunflower in Atlanta) and would bring him extras at the end of the night (my brother was bartending and this guy would come by the bar after the restaurant closed). They had a portobello mushroom wellington that was OUTSTANDING. And I happen to LOVE red meat. Would love to know how they did it.

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom