Asking for a Friend

chickneggs

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2013
UpNorth ☀️
What breed/gender is this chicken? It's not mine. I had been asked the same question from a friend and was wondering anyone else's thoughts...
63DA41AC-A632-406C-BB12-84AC6876A807_1_201_a.jpeg

Need standing side shot that shows saddle feathers, age, and source of the bird such as farm store, neighbor, hatchery, hatched at home??

Current thought is female, close to laying, but await answers that are key factors. :pop
I don't have any of that information, sorry. The chicken was picked up as a stray on the side of the road. And I stole the photo off my friend's page. I will see if I can get a better photo from her tomorrow.

Could be a Sapphire Gem- they're a production breed that are gaining popularity. Depending on her age, and after she settles in- your friend may have quite a few brown eggs in their future.
That would be a wonderful blessing. I did call her tonight and she's going to try to get me a better photo tomorrow. I'm glad the chicken was caught and is safe tonight. I guess she was found in the city area near the on-ramp to the expressway... ??? Crazy place to find a chicken!

Definitely a chic, or uh female! :lol: LOL Just got a call - she was found with an egg this morning! It shows how tough she is; so much went on yesterday, yet that didn't stress her too much for her not to lay! So happy for her!!

Wow! Good for her! Chickens are resilient!

Not to state the obvious, but chickens do best with friends. So if your friend intends on keeping the hen she'll be happiest with at least a couple of other hens to hang with.

Hopefully space and budget allow!!

Wow! Good for her! Chickens are resilient!

Not to state the obvious, but chickens do best with friends. So if your friend intends on keeping the hen she'll be happiest with at least a couple of other hens to hang with.

Hopefully space and budget allow!!
Oh yeah, she'll have friends. :) We've both got coops with chickens; hers being much larger than mine. Our knowledge of breeds though don't go much further than our coops. So thank you for the input. She called and agreed with you. But I will still get a picture before today is done.

Back
Top Bottom