Asking price to high for guineas?

StevenW.

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Central, Illinois
Due to having to cut back on the number of birds I have, the guineas have fallen onto that list. I have them priced at $8.00 each or $100 for the whole flock.
All the buyers that are interested in them have been flakes so far. Am I priceing them to high?? I bought them for about $4.00 each from the hatchery.

I really need to get these birds moved, If anyone on here wants them, come and get them! FREE!

Quote:
I would be rich if they were that high here! Looks like I need to move?
smile.png

Open to trades, too! Chickens, ducks, geese, and etc.

How old are the guineas? If they are adults, that is a great price. They usually sell for $10.00 for males and around $12.00 - $15.00 each on the females around my area.

since there are few insects outside now, you will get little money for them since they only eat feed now. You should get the $15 in the spring, if you can wait it out.

I sold 6 for $15 each a month ago.

I'm in IA and there were people trying to sell them for $5 each and could not get rid of them. In the spring/summer, I think they would've been grabbed up quick. Personally though, I prefer a keet to a grown adult because they're much easier to train to stay home. That may also be why you have trouble selling them. I don't eat them either, so maybe someone would want them for that if they're not past the age where they'd be good for that.

Back
Top Bottom