Assist Hatch Emergency!!!

I just did what you said. She just hatched in my hands.
i put her back in the incubator along with her shell as the umbilical cord is still attached. What should i do im so shocked
That’s awesome! Congrats! You could wait a little bit to see if she gets it off herself just by walking around. She is probably super tired from being stuck trying to get out for so long. Wondering if she needs some water since it’s been so many hours since she pipped.

Thanks, will do i have the brooder set up with water.
She is a beautiful fully black silkie, shes chirping alot so i think thats good she hatched right away in my hands as soon as i peeled away the membrane.
im only 13 so i hope i handelled this well.

She is a beautiful fully black silkie, shes chirping alot so i think thats good she hatched right away in my hands as soon as i peeled away the membrane.
Definitely a job well done. It’s nerve wracking!

ty, i see another egg in there.
Its definitely cracked the shell not the membrane though.
I think it must have gotten crushed when i put her back in.
I dont know what to do should i just leave it?
Its day 23 and 3 out of 8 chickens have hatched today they all seem to be hatching late.

Holly C, I'm a Holly too, though a whole lot older than you! You did an AMAZING job by yourself! You can be so proud that you did such a nerve wracking thing and made it through. You just passed an important milestone. You learned patience. You learned when to intervene. And you did it gently and correctly! I have a feeling this will be the first hatch of many in your life. Thank you for joining us and sharing it! I'm a mom to 8 grown children and I miss moments like this a lot. We need lots of good young people in the poultry world. I'm glad you came here and that you were brave and wise enough to ask for help.

thank you so much, when i put it back in the incubator the chick must have fallen or something and seems to have cracked an egg in there and im not sure what to do, its expected to hatch soon they are all actually hatching late but im afraid this will have killed the chick inside it

Well congratulations! You just got yourself through a really stressful situation. Assist hatching the for the first time is hard enough, and doing it on your first hatch ever is even harder. Be proud and take a break! Can you send a picture of the baby? What does her cord look like? Is it still attacked to she shell, or is she just dragging a rope behind?

a.jpg
p.jpg
ofc here u go

Back
Top Bottom