Assisted hatch so weak. Help! Please x

Dvt1975

Songster
May 5, 2020
Hi. My assisted hatch looks so weak 12 hours later. Is there anything I can do please. It’s just lay now. Cheeping weakly.
I’ve cleaned the incubator. Put down a fresh cloth base. Can I feed it any sugar water or any thing like that? It’s still slightly wet around yolk site. Advice appreciated please. Thank you xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 12
You need to put it under the brooder the chick probably cold it needs to be warmed up he looks a little wet and you need to warm him up ASAP.

Last edited:
Are the feathers still wet or are they 'caked'? If they are still wet you can try to dry it with a hairdryer VERY carefully (not too close, not too high temperature) and when fluffed up then immediately put the little one in the brooder - I fully agree with Kellyjenny, it needs to be warmed asap. (If they are caked please tell us, then it is a bit different).
I would give the chick what muddy75 recommended, very carefully so no liquids get in the lungs. You also can give sugar water one time as a boost. But long term some of what muddy75 wrote.
Fingers crossed for your little one :fl

Sad news the little one died. It wasn’t wet. It was kind of dried. It was lay gasping. I tried it with a cotton bud and sugar water but it didn’t help. 😰
6 out of 12 hatched. Quite disappointed really I thought I’d get more.
although the six are adorable, greedy and doing very well x

Sad news the little one died. It wasn’t wet. It was kind of dried. It was lay gasping. I tried it with a cotton bud and sugar water but it didn’t help. 😰
6 out of 12 hatched. Quite disappointed really I thought I’d get more.
although the six are adorable, greedy and doing very well x
I'm so sorry you lost the little one 😔
You did everything you could :hugs
Congrats on your 6 babies ❤️

Hi. My assisted hatch looks so weak 12 hours later. Is there anything I can do please. It’s just lay now. Cheeping weakly.
I’ve cleaned the incubator. Put down a fresh cloth base. Can I feed it any sugar water or any thing like that? It’s still slightly wet around yolk site. Advice appreciated please. Thank you xx
Warmish Sugar water and egg yolk in a medicine syringe and feed it. Couple days and sleepless nights might help. Sometimes second day I dissolve chivk feed in a tiny bit of sugar water and mix in some yolk.

Back
Top Bottom