assisted hatch

juangotachicken

Songster
Mar 4, 2020
hey, some peopel say dont open incubator when there zipping, they muight die, I told my parents but my parents did it anway

3 times, the last one just then, then my dad started puling of the shell, I said , if u see blood stuff,stop, bit abit agresive, coz I read be gentlye

so I had to take it off him, but anwyays

but still has bits of shell on it because the other shell or shrink wap looks to be too much stuck on him, I tried to take a peice of shell fromback of its neck, but it had a big reaction to that, so maybe leave it 3 hours before maybe even try again

I got stuf to do, but parents push me in these situations at last minute , n I have to keep helping otherwise I feel cause uncesary pain for chiks and ect
sory for complaining , sory n maybe ther doing good job n im being anoying, sory

anyways, here is a pic

I read some stuff, u help it alitle, then u wait 2 hours, maybe help it again

I only have not flat tweezer , I have slanted tweezer, but person said use finger nails

I told my mum to just hold in her hands for ages

what do I do now

here is pic of the shrink wrap? that is too stuck on him and the shell on back of its neck

Attachments

• 20200921_174910[1].jpg
    20200921_174910[1].jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 25
other pic

the shell at back of neck, and the shrink wrap? on sid of leg?

Attachments

• 20200921_174831[1].jpg
    20200921_174831[1].jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200921_174820[1].jpg
    20200921_174820[1].jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 16
also the red purple thing the chik is siting on

by dad put that thing in microwave, heat it up, then so the chik can reston it

it aint too hot, he put it for 1 mniute

Don't try and pull the shell off dry- you might take the skin off.

To remove the shell, use a warm, wet paper towel to get the shell to loosen up.

Make sure the chick stays warm while you do this, the warm purple pad plus being held in warm hands should help.

To keep the purple pad from getting very wet, put a small clean towel underneath the chick.

It might take a few warm wet paper towels to get the shell to come all the way off, just do it gently and use a clean warm wet paper towel each time.

Once the shell is off, wipe the chick with a clean wet warm paper towel, then ...

Use a hair dryer on the lowest setting to help it dry off. Or, gently rub with a paper towel to help it dry so it can be warm.

Be very very careful with the belly. When chicks first hatch the belly is extremely delicate, so if you can do all of this WITHOUT picking the chick up (except to put the towel underneath), it's better for the chick.

Sitting on the purple pad, or in someone's hands is OK, just don't keep picking it up and setting it down.

the link is what I want to buy , rather than heat lamp

also people say infrared lamp is better, coz it lets them sleep?

with the warm wet paper towel, I try picking the shell of genelty and slowly

or pat it?

Yes, let the warm wet paper towel sit over the chick where the shell is stuck, then see if any will come off, just keep going with the wet paper towels until the shell comes off without hurting the chick.

Keep the wet paper towels warm so you don't make the chick cold.

Back
Top Bottom