Chirping
Mar 4, 2020
i turned off the fire, its 30 c now

and 47 % I dont know waht the percent means

they were pecking the new chicks shrink wrap bit
but they stoped now,

I refiled the newspaper, coz to much poo

sprinkeld some chik feed,
I guess tomorow I need to rinse the brooder ?

coz the poo?

also a lilte mosquito was in the brooder, and little I duno , fruit flies, it looks like

I kiled them

also the brooder is in the living room, I duno if the heat is giving me ear infeciton or I just didnt brush my teeth for a while, I brushing more often now

Ruby Rogue

Crowing
Mar 31, 2020
Atlantic Canada
It sounds like you're doing a good job with them...the wood stove is keeping it warm enough for them at around 37, any higher is probably going to make them uncomfortable. I use puppy pads in my brooder and change them daily. Once the chicks become accustomed to eating and drinking, after about a week, I put shavings on top of the pads which helps with the smell, but it still has to be changed daily.

juangotachicken

Chirping
Mar 4, 2020
cool thanks, yer I got newspaper, people said slippery, but parents said leave newspaper

should I use paper towels ? stop the newspaper?
I dont got puppy pads

they dont have water, I dont anything little so they can drink, I only have very small water bottle lids https://duckduckgo.com/?q=600+ml+wa...ia/content/wowproductimages/medium/695440.jpg

of 600 ml water bottle, I can put water in them n put in brooder?

should I rinse out of brooder tomroow?

I put back the heater on , its hot tho, woah

juangotachicken

Chirping
Mar 4, 2020
proly have to sterilize, or its all good? I have used water botles in my room, yer I know sounds weird probably

Ruby Rogue

Crowing
Mar 31, 2020
Atlantic Canada
They don't need to be sterile, but they need water available at all times. If you are using water bottle covers, my only concern would be if they upset it or you aren't around to notice when they need to be refilled. You can place paper towels on top of your newspaper, that might help with the smell.

juangotachicken

Chirping
Mar 4, 2020
thanks I put water lids

put the beaks of all chiks in the lid, they didn tlike that, one pecked me
coz I read to put there beak in so they know were water is or something, and to also tap near the water

when I was puting lid in brooder, one drank pcked on my hand and drank some coz I had some water on my hand, hopefuly theyll start drinking from the lid soon

one ran from one side of brooder to the other, ran over the lid, tiped it over then sat near the humidier, I duno if the chik was trying to do a poo on the humidifier, I gues I need to put the humidifer on top of something

they tiping the water lid, I guess I need bigger ones, the paper towel getting wet n soaked
I have the water lids in middle of brooder, midle of brooder is soaked

also other day I gues wasnt hot enough so they were budndled together

now they are seperatreed, was wondering maybe they are too hot, but humidifer says 30 c only and they arent panting yet, or really have ther wings open

heres a litle vid

when I put my hand in, one of them rans at my hand

Shezadandy

Crowing
Sep 26, 2015
Portland OR
A brooder lamp is a heat lamp. The red bulbs are best. You will need a thermometer under the light source to measure the correct temperature for chicks. It should be between 95-99 degrees for the first week in the warmest area, directly under the lamp. There should also be cooler spots in the brooder so your chicks can escape the heat if they become too hot.
The link for the 'brooder lamp' was actually a Brinsea Ecoglow - that link also called it a "brooder lamp" --- so there would be no bulb for it as it's not a heat lamp.

Ruby Rogue

Crowing
Mar 31, 2020
Atlantic Canada
thanks I put water lids

put the beaks of all chiks in the lid, they didn tlike that, one pecked me
coz I read to put there beak in so they know were water is or something, and to also tap near the water

when I was puting lid in brooder, one drank pcked on my hand and drank some coz I had some water on my hand, hopefuly theyll start drinking from the lid soon

one ran from one side of brooder to the other, ran over the lid, tiped it over then sat near the humidier, I duno if the chik was trying to do a poo on the humidifier, I gues I need to put the humidifer on top of something

they tiping the water lid, I guess I need bigger ones, the paper towel getting wet n soaked
I have the water lids in middle of brooder, midle of brooder is soaked

also other day I gues wasnt hot enough so they were budndled together

now they are seperatreed, was wondering maybe they are too hot, but humidifer says 30 c only and they arent panting yet, or really have ther wings open

heres a litle vid

when I put my hand in, one of them rans at my hand
They're cute.

Top Bottom