At what age can I move my chickens from the garage to the coop? I live in Massachusetts

jlifton852

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 29, 2012
At what age can I move my chickens from the garage to the coop? I live in Massachusetts. The garage averages around 55 degrees and I have turned off the heat lamp. They are six weeks old.

I put mine out at 7 weeks old and they have been fine with no heat, the temperature has been as low as 27 F one morning last week (I'm also in Mass). Just make sure they are protected from drafts.

This was my question as well... my chicklets (just 3 polish chicks) are in my guest room bedroom right now... I just unhooked the heat lamp but am still supplementing heat at night ... but my last chicks were in the summer so wasn't sure when these guys could go outside... its still pretty cool here in NH

I live in MT and it's supposed to be in the 40's n 50's this week but think I will wait till these 3 week old chicks are at least 6 weeks before putting out in our addition, I only have a light bulb on them now and a sheet over top so they don't fly out lol , just got new day old chicks yesterday they will be a bit too and hope spring is here soon!!! Any ideas or comments welcome

How big are my chicks going to get in the next couple weeks their days old but I have eight. I have a large plastic tote. How crowded can they be? and when is the best time to move them to the coop. Thanks Brand new Chicken mama!

Back
Top Bottom