at what age do geese start laying

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
I am just wondering at what age do geese start laying...I am still trying to figure out what gender my lone goose is? I beleive it is about 8 months old...

Most of my geese have started laying in the fall of their hatch year. Then they stopped during winter and started in spring again. My theory is it has something to do with fall and spring have similar daylight hours and their equipment is just ready for laying eggs so they just start laying.

thanks everyone... we call him/her mother goose... she is the flock(ducks and chickens) protector... I am the only human that can go in the pen with out him/her chasing ... I am hoping for a girl... next year I will be getting more geese so it can have its own flock

My little gaggle of 1 1/2yr old chinese whites are averaging about an egg/day. Yeah, 9 months to start is about right although I think 11 months had about the best eggs for keeping.

Quote:
Are you sure? My Chinas each layed a egg EVERY OTHER DAY!I wonder if I was doing something wrong?

ok, now it is freezing here, so am lucky now for every other day. Kinda like they stopped all of a sudden.... not sure

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom