Attaching Hardware Cloth to Run

You might also consider making an apron by putting some hardware cloth around the bottom/on the ground to secure it from any digging predators. I think that would be attached the same way you attach to sides, just make sure it comes out at least 18 inches (24in is better) all the way around, especially corners. It's extra work, but great insurance!
Yep, I’m definitely doing that as well!

Zip ties, here - I used some metal ones and some heavy duty plastic. They are working great so far. I used garden stakes to secure the hardware cloth skirting to the ground.
Oh, that’s a really good idea I hadn’t thought of! Would you mind posting or sending me a picture of the kind that you used?

I used stainless steel flat zip ties to add hardware cloth over the cheap chicken wire that the temporary pen I bought came with. I kind of wove them in and out thru all the layers of wire to help hold everything together. I did the same where I had to overlap parts of the apron around the outside of the run.

I also used them to reinforce the attachment of the chicken wire and the hardware cloth to the pen itself.

If you go this route, I'd definitely suggest getting the tool that tightens and cuts excess off of them.

1699139738804.png

1699139857304.png

Hi everyone! My run is made out of an outdoor dog kennel with the kind of fencing pictured below. I just ordered a bunch of hardware cloth to make it more secure. My question is, what is the best way to attach the hardware cloth to the fence? Tying with metal wire? Hog ties? I’m open to anything lol. Thanks!View attachment 3675030
I used zip ties to attach mine to the bottom couple of feet. Part of the hardware cloth was laid on the ground like a skirt and that was secured with dirt and rocks and garden stakes.

Hi everyone! My run is made out of an outdoor dog kennel with the kind of fencing pictured below. I just ordered a bunch of hardware cloth to make it more secure. My question is, what is the best way to attach the hardware cloth to the fence? Tying with metal wire? Hog ties? I’m open to anything lol. Thanks!View attachment 3675030
Metal zip ties. I used these:

TEVADO 100PCS Metal Cable Zip Ties Heavy Duty 11.8 Inch, Premium Stainless Steel Zip Ties Exhaust Wrap with 198LBS Tensile Strength, Multi-Purpose Self-Locking Metal Wrap Ties for Indoor and Outdoor https://a.co/d/ePIaV8z

I did it myself and I used zip ties….. worked great! (I just cut off the excess plastic strip after securing)

Back
Top Bottom