Attack in duck house last night :(

I am so sorry about your ducks. Over the years I have had ducks killed, taken, injured and decapitated but I have never seen one eaten like that. I am also surprised it didn't just take it away to eat.
Could something like a coyote have gotten in? How did it get in?
I hope you are able to figure it out and keep your buddies safe.

Thank you...it is definitely heart-wrenching to say the least. I actually did consider a coyote...we have those around too. With the way the door was pried back though, I debated on whether a coyote would've been able to get in and out. Th latch on the door wasn't fully in - door was propped up half open on top of a feeder this morning. Maybe gaping open by a foot or so? Know coyotes are skinny and crafty, and it sure made sense with the way the duck carcass was left. The empty egg shell threw me though...that seemed maybe more possum or raccoon-ish. Wish to heck I had a game cam set up back there!!! :-(

As a follow-up for anyone interested (or anyone later who has this same issue and stumbled onto this thread), I have now caught two coons and one possum. I will be trapping every night still until the trap is empty. On one hand, I'm still frustrated and wondering just how big the problem is...but on the other I'm relieved we're eliminating the issues.

Back
Top Bottom