Attempted child abduction

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by turney31, May 5, 2009.

1. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    On Saturday,in Wal-Mart, there was an attempted abduction of a 7yr old little girl. A father had taken his 3 children to shop,He was walking in front with them trailing behind. This abductor was standing behind a clothes rack and reached out and grabbed the little girl. she fought back and got away.She ran to her father and told him ( she had red marks on her arms ). They told store employees, called law enforcement,looked for the man and couldn't find him. Wal-Mart did turn over the video surveillence tapes. I'm telling this story to remind everyone to keep your children where you can see them.
    Micah

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    That has always been a huge fear of mine. Thank you for reminding us to pay attention.

3. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    I cannot believe how many child abduction stories are in the news recently....Thank God this child got away.....

4. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am a kid! (teen) And i just got back for Wall Mart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Chicken Girl

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    There are alot of sick twisted folks out there.

A friend of mine almost lost her daughter at the mailbox waiting for the school bus last year. A car stopped and a man chased the girl up the driveway for a ways. They live way off the road. She was 10.

It is frightning to think how bold some people are. [​IMG]

6. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Thnk you for reminding us.

7. leearealake

leearealake Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    i have a 13 and 9 yr old and 4 yr old grand daughter i allways tell my kids to stay where i can see them, they like to argue and say my freinds dont have to stay with there mom, to bad im your mom . is the answer they get. and the reminders why!!!!![​IMG]

8. me&thegals

me&thegals Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Our driveway is almost .25 miles long, so I wait at the end with my kids every day. I also try to meet them when they get home most days. Don't want folks around here thinking there are unattended children so far from the house each day...

9. cockadoo

cockadoo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    central miss.
    wow thank god she got away we have a 3 and 4 yr old and my DH and I have discussed it and we are keeping ours in the shopping cart till they are 20....
    but on a serious note i can not believe that happened and that walmart was not willing to hand over the tapes to catch this person that tells you something about the places that you shop you would think that they would be willing to do so to make everyone feel safer in their stores
    what is the purpose in all the cameras and the signs saying servalance cameras in use if they are not going to use them to help out the people who shop there and law~in~forcement in finding someone who is doing wrong

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thank goodness she got away. And people think those kid leashes are cruel...they are smart in my opinion. They did not have them when my kids were growing up but I would have leashed them to me if they were available.

My kids always grumbled over the "Stay right beside me and with me at all times or else" but now they understand why I was so insistent...especially my son who is a father now himself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by