Attention Muscovy lovers

Dianne88 how is Solo doing? has he started to eat yet? Usually around day 3 after hatch they get their appetite hope Solo has..
The only way I can get him to eat is to put him in a large pan of water for him to play in and put food in there with him. He's not eating a lot so I'm being a worried mom.

I'm not savy on duck colors yet so is this one still called a chocolate pied even though its a light brown.

Post breakfast nap time on deck

Last edited:
The only way I can get him to eat is to put him in a large pan of water for him to play in and put food in there with him. He's not eating a lot so I'm being a worried mom.
They can worry us. Too bad you don't have chicks small enough to put one with him, that helps sometimes for them to see the chicks eat. maybe try a mash with a very small amount of crumble and a tiny bit of ACV added to the warm water then mixed into the feed. The reason I say small amount you won't be wasting much if he still won't eat. I make a mash of an evening for my flock using ACV and warm water let it sit over night. They all love it. It's not soupy but moist. It would be nice if you could rig up a way for him to be with the other ducklings and chicks with out them being able to get to him. That way having interaction with the others may just spur him to eat. especially if he sees them eating their feed.

They can worry us. Too bad you don't have chicks small enough to put one with him, that helps sometimes for them to see the chicks eat. maybe try a mash with a very small amount of crumble and a tiny bit of ACV added to the  warm water then mixed into the feed. The reason I say small amount you won't be wasting much if he still won't eat. I make a mash of an evening for my flock using ACV and warm water let it sit over night. They all love it. It's not soupy but moist.  It would be nice if you could rig up a way for him to be with the other ducklings and chicks with out them being able to get to him. That way having interaction with the others may just spur him to eat. especially if he sees them eating their feed.
Last night I put the pullets away and sat in the coop with Solo and the 7wk old ducklings and they were so interested in Solo! The male approach Solo (I was waiting to shoo him away with a hand towel) Ricky just kinda preened a little and Solo ran circle around him and came right back to me. All the peeping Solo was doing, I'm not sure if he was happy or scared???

Last night I put the pullets away and sat in the coop with Solo and the 7wk old ducklings and they were so interested in Solo! The male approach Solo (I was waiting to shoo him away with a hand towel) Ricky just kinda preened a little and Solo ran circle around him and came right back to me. All the peeping Solo was doing, I'm not sure if he was happy or scared???
Great start. he may have been a little of both.

Back
Top Bottom