Attention Muscovy lovers

IMAG1994_1_1_zps341408dc.jpg
Found a cute pic of my ducks from June.....I wished they stayed that fuzzy!
IMAG4415_1_1_1_zps164d7538.jpg

Me too....i cant understand how those super tiny super cute fuzzy things grow so extremely FAST!!

Also, congrats on the person getting some new ducks. I really like blue and chocolate. I think the chocolate is my favorite.

Thought I would see if you guys could figure out my little ducky as well :)

I got a Muscovy for the first time and thought it was a female since it was much smaller than the others in the bunch. She/he is now going on 7 months and still hasn't laid an egg. I am starting to think "she" is really a "he"! She doesn't really make any noises unless she is alarmed and then she hisses quietly (which I have heard is a male trait). She also has what I would consider thick legs which is a male character as well (but again, I am no expert). Overall, she is still fairly small and her caruncles are just now coming in. Since females tend to get their caruncles later than males I am still crossing my fingers
fl.gif
. Is it still too early for laying? Today is the first official day of Spring, so it should be about that time.

I have included a picture from when I got her (she is the only one with brown coloring as a duckling) as well as some current photos. She does have "angel wing" so don't be alarmed by her appearance
lol.png

So... what do you think?

How much longer will I need to wait to be sure? What is the latest a Muscovy would lay? Thanks for your response
smile.png
. Hopefully I am better at guessing next time!

Some females won't go broody till their 9 months but I find when the males are younger they have slimmer longer bodies compared to females of the same age if u could post more pics that would help

Here are a few more I took today. It seems his/her caruncles have developed quite a bit more from the last pictures. Hopefully they help!

Back
Top Bottom