Attention Muscovy lovers

Okay so I have a male and female both white the female has built a obvious nest or rounded out spot in their hay she's over a year old any clue when she might start laying and how many eggs do they normally lay my welsh Harlequin hens been laying over 2 weeks now and yes I do have separate pens for my ducks

My muscovy has laid 3 eggs in a row the last 3 days and when they were out exploring, I took today's 2 khaki campbell eggs and put them in her nest. Waiting to see if she will go broody in a few days.
smile.png

How much longer will I need to wait to be sure? What is the latest a Muscovy would lay? Thanks for your response
smile.png
. Hopefully I am better at guessing next time!

Mine are about 8 months old and a couple of them started laying at 7 months and the majority haven't laid yet although another one laid for the first time yesterday. So, I would guess 7-9 months is fairly normal. Hey and they are fertile too!! My drakes have been very active.

Mine are about 8 months old and a couple of them started laying at 7 months and the majority haven't laid yet although another one laid for the first time yesterday. So, I would guess 7-9 months is fairly normal. Hey and they are fertile too!! My drakes have been very active.
I am glad you have already had success with your eggs! Thanks for the helpful info, I really appreciate it! Since my muscovy is only 7 months I am thinking I just need to wait. But he/she is developing larger caruncles each day. She/he also has been putting its mohawk up a lot more when alarmed as well. Since large caruncles and mohawks tend to be male traits, I am starting to think I don't have a female
sad.png
. Do you know if females can also exhibit these traits? I will post a few more pictures to see if anyone can confirm my suspicion.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom