Attention west tennessee

Hope your dog feels better-- My nieces dog got ran over this morning and I've got to tell her when she gets home . I dread that. He was in a pen but somehow he must have hopped over it and my neighbor called and said somebody hit him about 6 this morning. He was a mixed dog but, He had gotten so big and so nice and had a wonderful personality. We live close to the road and this is the second dog we lost this year. . We just worked on his pen last week thought it was good and secure. Guess not . I'm gonna recheck my chicken pens this afternoon just to make sure they can't get out.

Hi All,
I haven't found out anything about whats going on in milan..My family has been busy.I can't wait to go some were to sell some of my poultry....I had lost my job 2 weeks ago and need money..t cost alot to feed them all..$$$$..I do love them tough....when ya'll find out any were I can sell my poultry please let me now.

Thanks,
Cat
smile.png

Hi all,

I would like to be a part of this too, although that is going to be a bit of a drive. I live in SE Missouri. I'm around an hour away from Dyersburg. My wife is from Newbern and all of her family lives there.

How far is Milan from Newbern?

Shane

I agree about waiting until Spring for a show and about meeting ahead of time to get to know each other.I also think alternating sites is a good idea. The trade day at R & J should be 10/18. I can check to make sure. This is going to be fun!!

turtle1173 yahoo map said it was 35.43 miles Time: 48 mins from newbern to milan. If r&J has one i'll try to make it. i'm also going to try to make trenton this weekend. I'm easy to spot i'm in a wheelchair.

Yeah, having a show is definitely something that would take a while to get funded and planned...

Welcome Turtle1173...we would love for you to be in our club...the more the merrier!
big_smile.png

Timbo - sorry to hear about Blaze, I hope he is feeling better soon
sad.png

I don't think I will get to the Trenton flea market unless I get there real early. I am taking my parents to the one in Reelfoot.

But I could make the Oct 18th at R&J...

~Rebecca

Last edited:
WOW! stay out of BYC a few days and folks move in your backyard!!! Seriously, I've had a very hectic schedule for the last week. This was my first week in a couple of months to miss the Tues flea market in Huntingdon.
Just read all the post and found you figured out the answers to most things I could have helped with. The Aqri center event is really good but I don't think they ever have anything that is not their own event. The flea markets are just that. Rent a booth with stuff to sale or go and buy; finding everyone would really be difficult.

There is a small open shady area in Atwood, TN (between Milan and Huntingdon) that has a couple of antique tractor shows every year. That is about the only time it is ever used. I doubt there would be much red tape to find out if we could use it. It might be just the right size to get together, have a small swap meet and plan what we want to do next. I will try to find out the contact information if that is of interest.

There may be another place like that in a small town. I was in Gibson yesterday and noticed a sign that says it is the geographical center of West TN.

Yeah, Gibson is the center of West TN...and thats where I live! We could probably have something right here in Gibson. There is a small community center...and might be another place or two available.

I have been to one of those antique tractor shows in Atwood. I know where that is. That's a nice little spot.

How many people would be able to come to R & J Feed in Jackson on Oct 18? Just to meet and talk about some of our ideas. Believe it or not one of the closest poultry shows to us is being held in Dickson, TN that same day.
(Volunteer State Poultry Club the show is Saturday Oct.18 9a.m.contact Steve Shafer 1-615-789-5943 or [email protected] )

If anyone would be interested in going to that and seeing how it works, then that would be great too.

I believe the first thing to do would be to see if we can recruit more chicken people for the club. I can create flyers and bring them Oct 18 if you all could place them in locations like feed stores, or wherever they might be valuable.

Whattaya think?
~Rebecca

I will be going for feed tomorrow and will ask R&J about the 18th date.
I know where Gibson and Atwood is,too. This is exciting!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom