Attention west tennessee

R & J Feed Store on S. Highland generally has one on the 3rd weekend of the month. They love for people to come,but people bring whatever they want. I did not know if you all wanted it geared more toward a greet and swap or a show type thing. I would think that if you had judges, there would have to be some regulation. I don't really have anything to sell,unless someone wants roosters,but I would love to meet people and look. If you want me to talk with the owners and make sure it's o.k., I will. There is no charge.

big_smile.png
Welcome cwc362 !!!!! So glad to have you here!
I also went to every flea market around here and Ripley with my dad as a child! I love flea markets!
yippiechickie.gif

Did they say where they are having the trade day in Trenton? They used to have it at the fairgrounds and it was pretty good. Last month was the first time to try to have it again, it was across the road at the city park and it was probably 10 vendors tops.
Now I will probably go because I love to go, but until they get it all going you may be a little disappointed. I wish they would have it at the fairgrounds again. It may take them a while to get it built back up. I heard that the last person that was in charge of it made a lot of vendors mad.
I am not prepared to sell anything right now, but I could try to get some pullets real quick to sell and wouldn't mind meeting you all.

~Rebecca

Last edited:
Well we could start with whatever and expand from there. I think what we might be starting here is a poultry club.
ep.gif

We just need to meet somewhere at sometime and get a club started. From there we can host swaps and shows!

Has anyone ever been in a poultry club?

~Rebecca

Last edited:
Yeah this is becoming like a chicken chat room. I'm gonna try to get up and go to the flea market here in Huntingdon tommorrow morning. I can't get around to all the other ones much any more ( money, gas, kids, etc.) but i'm only about five minutes away from the civic center here. So far we have 17 chickens. A trio of Black (large) cochins and the rest are different kinds. I would like to go to a poultry show ( never Been) if it was close by but I also really love the flea markets and trade days. I really want a little serama rooster too. Even if I don't buy anything tommorrow- I still like to go and see all the animals and the other things. Also seem to run into a lot of people that I haven't seen in a long time. Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! Wayne

The trade show in trenton is supposed to be across the road from the fairgrounds. I hadn't been in a poultry club just saltwater reef club. But that does sound pretty good.

sad.png
I won't get to go to the Huntingdon flea market today. I need to work so I can be off on Friday. (I am trying to start on my next coop!) I am just using lumber and stuff that I find or already have free so let me know if you know where I can get any kind of roofing for it for cheap!
~Rebecca

Back
Top Bottom