Attn: Bamachicken and Shaffer and anyone else :)

KKluckers

Time Out
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
Hey Julie here are the chicks that hatched. I got two from the blues and four from the blacks.
I ran around like a crazy person looking for my toe punch and couldnt find it. My husband was laughing so hard when I put blue food coloring on them. He said "what are you going to eat them" LOL
Orpingtons012.jpg

Here are the blacks:
Orpingtons014.jpg

This isnt a chick, but Julie I just love how thick this pullets head is. She is fromt he chicks you sent me:
Orpingtons011.jpg

Here are your babies Harry:
Lavs
Orpingtons015.jpg

Here are the blacks:
Orpingtons016.jpg

Love them. I look forward to seeing how these turn out. They are with a different Roo of course than the ones on the Breeds thread. Christina I have two blue pullets that are getting close to 6 months old that are not laying yet but look close and they are really large. I believe they are some of the largest blue pullets I have turned out. Charlie is really growing and as soon as he is breeding I will put him in with these two and see what type of Chicks I can produce.
Isn't this fun?

Ahhhh, they're beautiful! You all should be proud...

I have two blue orp eggs in the bator. I can't stand the suspense...

Those are some great babies. I sooo need to get good at hatching.

Christina,
Very nice looking chicks. Hope you have luck with all of them. Some day I also hope to have a few pure Orpington chicks. Good luck, Harry

Quote:
Julie this is a lot of fun. I cant wait to see what results you get with yours. My girls have almost completely stopped laying. Im hoping they might start back up soon though.

Ahhhh, they're beautiful! You all should be proud...

I have two blue orp eggs in the bator. I can't stand the suspense...

Those are some great babies. I so need to get good at hatching.

Im hatching out some whites right now and yes the suspense is killing me. Why does it have to take so long.

Christina,
Very nice looking chicks. Hope you have luck with all of them. Some day I also hope to have a few pure Orpington chicks. Good luck, Harry

Im sure with all the birds your getting in you'll get some nice Orps. Have they come yet?​

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
A toe punch is a small tool to punch a hole in the web of a chicks foot to ID them later and know what lines/crosses they came from. I had a heck of a time doing it the first time thought it would really hurt the chick. I wasnt to bad though for me or the chick.
smile.png

Here is a picture of one. They usally can be bought at most poultry supply online stores
3866_toe_punch.jpg

Back
Top Bottom