ATTN: Cooks! Need recipe for bread machine

Parson's Wife

Blessed Abundantly
15 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
I'm hoping to find a recipe for a bread machine that does not require a trip to the grocery store.

I have all the ingredients needed for bread making from my oven...except I want to use a bread machine...and I don't have any mixes.
Note--I use yeast in my breads.
Anyone?
Thank you in advance.

Oh, yes. I just want bread to go with my meatloaf for the Rev.'s Sunday dinner... nothing fancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 lbs.
smile.png

Traditional White Bread
2 lb. loaf

1 1/3 cups water
4 tsp. butter or margarine
2 tsp. salt
4 cups bread flour (or I have used 3 cups all purpose & 1 cup wheat to make wheat bread)
4 tsp. dry milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. active dry yeast

Measure & add liquid ingredients to the bread pan. Measure & add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan. Use your finger to form a well (hole)in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must Never come into contact with the liquid when you are adding the ingredients. Measure the yeast & carefully pour it into the well . Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker & close the lid. Press "select" button to choose the Basic setting. Press the "Crust Color" button to choose light, med. or dark crust. Pres the "start/stop" button. (Recipe from Sunbeam breadmaker instruction book)

edited for typos
sad.png

Last edited:
I've got a couple of them. These are coming right out of the book that comes with my machine. The important thing is to add the ingredients in order as they are given and at room temp. As blossom hen stated you don't want certain ingredients mixing before everything is in the pan.

White Bread #1
12oz water
1 3/4 TBSP butter/margarine
4 cups bread flour
2 TBSP dry milk
2 TBSP sugar
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast

put it in the pan in order and turn on the machine. It's that simple

White Bread #2
12 oz warm milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 TBSP softened butter/margarine
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 TBSP sugar
2tsp active dry yeast

directions same as above

White Bread #3
9oz warm milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 TBSP softened butter/margarine
1 1/2 TBSP sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast

directions same as above

Last edited:
1 1/3 cups warm water (110 degrees)
1/1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 cps bread flour (or 1 cup whole wheat + 3 cps bread flour) Or regular flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 packet dry yeast

water, oil, brown sugar and 1/2 flour

then salt, and rest of flour,

Then yeast in a little crater in flour.

Cook on french bread setting. This stuff is awesome. I like to add 1 tbsp of oatmeal and 1 tbsp of flax seed.

tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom