ATTN: dawg53 re: Duramycin-10 (Tetracycline) and Wazine

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
dawg53, I would have PM'ed you but I thought others might want to read your response to this question:

I was told by my vet to treat my all my chickens for "possible" respiratory problems because of my rooster's problem. She suggested my using tetracycline. TSC had it under the name Duramycin-10 (tetracycline hydrochloride soluble powder). So I bought that. 400mg per gallon of water each day for seven days.

I also ordered a bottle of Wazine as you suggested for doing a one-day treatment for worms, and it came today. You also said that I should toss the eggs for two weeks.
QUESTION:
Would you consider putting both the Wazine (a poison) and the Duramycin-10 (an antibiotic) in the same gallon of water for just one of the seven Duramycin-10 days. Doing it like that, I would only have to toss the eggs down the garbage disposal for two weeks.

Hi Joe. No I wouldnt mix them...no telling what might happen mixing it all together. If anything, I think it could possibly put too much stress on their systems and cause irreperable damage. Even after using one or the other, I'd wait til they fully recover...say a month, then use the wormer.

Okay, THANKS MUCH. Glad I asked. I'll wait until next month or later to worm them because the vet said my rooster didn't have a serious worm problem; in fact, she had to do two or three poo tests before she found any.

Back
Top Bottom