attn : georgia poultry owners i find this on craigslist this morning

poohevans

Songster
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
north west georgia
CHICKEN SELERS OR ANY TYPE OF POULTRY SELLERS,GOAT,SHEEP ANY FEATHERED BIRDS
PLEASE BEWARE,THERE IS A PERSON IN BUTTS COUNTY--THAT HAS RECENTLY HAD ALL THERE POULTRY KILLED BY THE USDA
FOR HEALTH REASONS.
THIS BUSINESS OWNER AND HIS WIFE ARE CONSTANTLY MONITORING ALL WEB SITES FOR ANIMALS FOR SALE AND TURNING NAMES OVER TO THE USDA---I WAS TOLD TODAY IF YOU BUY OR SALE YOU MUST HAVE A POULTRY DEALERS LISCENSE---
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN ATLANTA--PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS-I WAS TOLD TODAY THAT I HAD TO HAVE A LICENSE TO ADVERTISE IN THE MARKET BULLETIN.
PLEASE CALL ATLANTA LET THEM KNOW HOW WE FEEL ABOUT THIS.
THE USDA TELLS ME I CAN SEND THEM 25.00 ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION TO GET A LICENSE. THE PERSON MONITORING THIS SITE HAD A BUSINESS-NOW HE IS CAUSING
PROBLEMS FOR ALL OF US

Wow. Is that guy bitter much? I mean I feel sorry for him losing his flock, but wow.

Then again, after the big issue on the Alaska craigslist (all animal sales were being flagged and taken down), this could be an activist and not a bitter farmer.

Last edited:
th.gif
Even though I don't live in Georgia...

Some people. It is illegal in our county to take your eggs to a flea market or auction or anyplace that is not at your home to selll your eggs. Everyone around here does it. I just found this out that you are not suppose to.

I would not call and turn people in. I can see the reason for it after it was explained to me. Not that I agree but I can see their point but I would not go out of my way to help them get people.

Last edited:
It's the same in MO, you can sell raw milk, eggs from your property but by state law you are not allowed to take them to farmers markes, flea markets, auction without a state cert. People do it anywaz though.

I can only sell hatching eggs at the Colorado farmers markets.

Of course, what people do with them when they get home....

LOL

I am very interested in this.

So the guy and his wife who had their poultry killed are now turning other people into the authorities?

Where did you hear about this?

I subscribe to the Georgia Market Bulletin and I haven't seen any notice that you need a license to advertise.

You talked to someone from the Dept of Ag on a Sunday morning? I thought they were only available Mon-Fri.

Last edited:
in georgia you can't sell eggs at flea markets

but you can sell them on ur farm

just makes me upset that this guy is trying get people in trouble

that are trying make extra money for the families

Who was it that posted they had a friend have his flock killed by the USDA. Wasn't it in Ga.? Wasn't he the guy that got a state license?

If they are advertising online that they have eggs, or whatever they sell on their farm. How are they breaking any state law? Wouldn't a buyer come to the persons farm to buy it? If that's the case, then I can't see how they are breaking it.

Bluemoon

I'm going to google this and see what I turn up...

Back
Top Bottom