Easy folks, easy...........
The state USDA (GA) has a half dozen workers that couldn't find their
fanny with both hands. Anyone ever seen one, or spoke to one or ever
had any dealings with one?..............I didn't think so. To destroy someones
property/fowl/livestock they would have to show cause and get a court
order. No government agency can just walk in and start destroying
livestock. Period.
You don't have to have a license to advertise anything. You think that
everyone that advertises in the Sunday paper has one?
This whole thing is ridiculous and is probably some scam or worse.
It goes to prove that don't believe everything you read or see or hear.
I can see the headlines now:

"Hardened criminal egg pushers BUSTED!!!"

jim

Quote:
what was wrong with these peoples chickens that they had to be killed?....Butts county is below ATlanta around Griffen is'nt it?.....

Yes, Angela, Butts county is in s. Ga. If this is the same person as someone else posted about, it was pullorum they found. So many diseases with humans are making a comeback, why couldn't it with chickens? This is why no one should scoff at biosecurity.

Hi, MtnAngel! You're about an hour from me.

I placed an AD in the GA farmers Markey last Thursday, for fertile eggs and chicks and adult poultry.
I did not have a license, nor did they ask me for one.

The USDA, can not just come and kill anything.

THey can however put you in Quaritine-

The only thing you have to send anything to Market Bulletin for is when you advertise horses. You have to fax a copy of the current coggins test before they place the ad.
Of course there has not been a Case of EIA in forever, you still have to have horses tested every year.

Advertisements for bobwhite quail must be accompanied by a copy of the advertiser's commercial quail breeders license. Since this is a state protected bird, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources requires anyone selling bobwhite quail to have this license. For license information, write: DNR, Wildlife Resources Division, P.O. Box 307, Rutledge, GA 30663-0307.

That is the only license bulletin for birds on the Farmers and Consumers website.

Back
Top Bottom