Auburn Javas?

I have eggs on the way from the same breeder as my birds from last year. Her birds trace back to the Garfield Farm Birds, and I am hoping for more birds that carry the Auburn gene. If you check out the Java page on my website I do have a picture of a Black Java chick that carries the Auburn gene. The imature feathers grow in black with brown tips on the flight feathers. By the time they mature they are fully black. I did have a few roos exhibit a goldish hue on their wing feathers once mature. I am fairly sure these were the Auburn gene birds, but I seperated them from the flock just in case.

I am hoping to purchase some eggs from Lyle's Auburn birds this year and add them to my birds that carry the auburn gene. This is a ery exciting project!

Ellen

23216_dscf6019_ws.jpg

Last edited:
I just hatched out 10 Java chicks with the Auburn gene. I am wondering if a few of the chicks actually received 2 Auburn genes as they are so much lighter and more chipmunky looking than the Black with Auburn that I hatched before. Does anyone have any Auburn chick pics? I would love to compare.

we were at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry about 2 weeks ago and of course ran to see the hatching chicks. They have been hatching the javas for years and then they go to the farm to help restore the breed.

Here is Sgt. Peppers. His daddy or grand-daddy came from Belh Farms. Wish I had a more pure hen to breed him with. I have one Java hen who is golden and spotted....they might throw some Auburn chicks?

51397_sgt_peppers_004.jpg

51397_sgt_peppers_002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom