AUCTION: 8 eggs from fibromelanotic single comb LF *DIPSYGOTHS*

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
This is an auction for 8 eggs from my single comb *DIPSYGOTHS*.
They are fibromelanotic single comb large fowl.

Auction ends midnight Sat, 3/8/14 12:00 AM EST
Payment due within 24 hrs of auction end. (PayPal only please)
Fresh eggs will ship the following Mon.

I have 4 hens laying right now --- 2 splash hens and 2 black hens. The cock is blue.
All the eggs have been fertile and are hatching well here. All their chicks I've hatched have been dark-skinned.

d454820f-b241-4b4b-acb7-8268dd09a706_zps768aa1a7.jpg

2414012_zps38257f94.jpg

All the eggs have been fertile and are hatching well here. All their chicks I've hatched have been dark-skinned.
These lay a tan / light brown egg.

Shipping is $15.00 (USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation) and Handling.
Here's a link to how you can expect your eggs to be wrapped and packed for shipping.
Wrapping and Packing eggs for shipping.
If you have any special instructions, 'hold & call for pick up at PO', etc. please add that to the PP note so I don't miss it.

Auction starts at $25.00 for 8 fresh fertile eggs.

To bid, reply to this thread.

Bidding begins at $25.00 dollars with minimum increase of $.50 per bid.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks! I created them.
The original project was Fibromelanotic Naked Neck Green-Eggers aka 'the build-a-buzzard' project. The single comb Fm birds from the project were so awesome, I decided to work on those too.
In winter of 2004, I was looking through a Poultry Catalog my brother brought me, and marveling at all the unusual chicken breeds available --- most of which I'd never seen before.
I said it would be neat to have a chicken that has black skin (like the Silkie), frizzled feathers (like the frizzle Cochin), a naked neck (like the Naked Neck Turken),
lays colored eggs (like the Ameraucana / Araucana), and is big (like the Jersey Giant).
I said "I think *I* will make some". My brother said, "Bet'cha can't".
And just like that --- a chicken project was born.
I already won the bet : )
I had never heard of Ayam Cemani or Svart Hona chickens. These just happen to look similar to them, except also come in blue and splash.

Dipsy,
Check out what Greenfire Farms wants for a Swedish black hen that looks like yours. !!!!!5,000.00 a pair!!!!!
I will be keeping an eye on these. I am soooo tied up with my BBS Australorp project that I just can't jump in, good luck with your breeding.
Kurt

Last edited:
Dipsy,

Would it be okay If I only want 4-5 eggs instead? You have enough to share for both for us that are bidding? That way we both can have them? If, yes, then PM me, otherwise i'll just stick to bidding:) BTW are these natural brooders or are more like layers, that don't set on their own eggs?

Thanks,
Bluenkimchi

I haven't let any of these keep eggs to see for sure. They have broody breeds in their background. One of the splash pullets was acting broody-ish, but I broke that up (sweetly broody-ish --- spending too much time in a nest box, cooing and trying to pull my hand under her when I felt for eggs).
That would be fine with me : )

Back
Top Bottom