Auction help

IMG_3655.JPG IMG_3658.JPG IMG_3661.JPG Lively girls! It's a start. All 25 seem to be doing really well. Some of the EE don't seem to have poofy cheeks tho, so that's disappointing. A couple look like they will be dark chocolate with some blue. Those EE are really the only ones I can't predict the feathering of. Of course nothing will be for sure until after their first true molt.

View attachment 1068731 View attachment 1068732 View attachment 1068733 Lively girls! It's a start. All 25 seem to be doing really well. Some of the EE don't seem to have poofy cheeks tho, so that's disappointing. A couple look like they will be dark chocolate with some blue. Those EE are really the only ones I can't predict the feathering of. Of course nothing will be for sure until after their first true molt.
They're looking great! I picked a few chicks up at auction last night, I post a few pics in a bit. Had some show pideons given to me too, it'll be interesting to see how that goes, I've never messed with them before.

Be there early----try to get yours in line close the front---if you are a later seller----a lot already have bought all they want and some leave before they get to the end. Where I go the sell starts at 5pm and a lot of people will be there around 9am to check theirs in. If they live close they will go back home and come back just before the sell. Also if yours are grown---sell them one at a time---not all 3 at one time.
Thanks for the tip I'll try to get them in asap. Does presentation help any?

Glad you did ok. Thinking of buying some layer chicks from Ideal, raising them till feathered out, then selling. Thought it might offset the costs of getting my own small flock. But selling them for $5 each wouldn't work. >deep sigh< Wonder what the market will look like in 2-3 months.

:frowHi Brett! Sounds both enjoyable and profitable. No roosters allowed here. I'm in an old neighborhood with very large lots, but still within city limits. No grandfather laws to cover me either. Dang it.

Pretty sure I've never ordered from Ideal before, but most reviews I could find looked good. And they are almost close enough to drive to. Almost, but at 5-6 hours round trip without traffic, not quite. HE said he wasn't up for that, and he wasn't letting me go alone. He's kind of careful of me. He probably realizes he too ornery to expect anyone else to take care of him in his old age, so he better keep me around! :lau

How far are you from DFW? What breeds do you work with? Got anything you think I need to give a try down here?

Back
Top Bottom