August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Angie Poo

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 27, 2013
Parma, Idaho
Anyone else setting eggs for an August hatch?

I just put 24 black australorp and Rhode Island Red X black australorp cross eggs in. This will be my first hatch in almost 3 years.

I had a hen who just started setting off in the brush somwhere. Figuring from the day she disappeared, she will hatch next month. If she survives.

Unfortunately i had a large temperature spike and my forced air incubator was at 106+ degrees when I found it. I candled that night and separated the maybes to one side. Now with 11 days left i rechecked and removed eggs. I have 4 chicks alive and well in their little shells unfortunately the heat killed off the other 20.

I almost gave up that day but am really glad I waited to recheck them. They are due to hatch August 2nd.

I just put 60 eggs in my incubator yesterday. They are barnyard mix from my own eggs. I hate the waiting game. Can't wait to see the little things

Last edited:
Just candles eggs 5 out of 60 wasn't fertilized. Just can't wait for them to hatch
1f424.png
1f423.png
. I hate the wait!

Hi all, i am a silkie lover and have tried now 3 times to hatch with no success yet, twice under a hen and now under a incubator. Had 24 eggs in this incubator, discovered yesterday at day 21 that only 3 were feetile. Checked one of the three today, it was under developed for day 22, still had a full yolk sack. Im leaving the other two but am sure they will be weak hatches. Im wanting to try again in an incubator, please give me tips as i am using a yellow ce incubator that is unable to be seen through . Only way to see is to open it. I am thinking to put the next eggs in and just not touch

Back
Top Bottom