August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Hey guys! I need a little help! The first two seramas hatched yesterday so I opened the bator to get them in the brooder. I decided to candle the third egg that hasn’t pipped yet and I can see it’s heart beating and it’s alive in there… I know assisting isn’t the greatest… but if I were to assist, what would be the first step?
If it has not internally pipped yet, then there is not much you can do. If it has, you can make a safety hole at the aircell end of the egg.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

The last chick is here and fluffing, can’t wait to crack that incubator and cuddle everyone!
Oh how exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Mine are CRAZY! I gave them to my broody in the nest box. Well any other hatched babies haven't climbed out of the nest box for at least 2 days. Well some of these babies were out running around the coop yesterday morning! Under/around 24 hrs old! Mama has them all out of the nest box today and walking around the coop. She hasn't taken them to the run yet just in the coop which they seem to do for a few days. One lagged behind getting out and I was worried it would be forgotten in the nest box but if finally followed a teen out after they went in to inspect. So far the teens haven't really even gone near the babies. every so often one will give a small peck, same with my rooster who I saw do it once but for the most part he is fine with them and some have even climbed under him to snuggle when he has gone in to look at them. LOL Poor Marshmallow is going to have her wings full with these ones! LOL

Trying to decide if I should pop the babies into the brooder tonight or wait for tomorrow… They’re in a playpen with heating pad outside, low of 63° ish. Three week old chicks are already tucked in bed for the night

Tinyyyyyyyy little WTB x BCM

5AC3267D-33DD-4A0B-B567-0703A99F9840.jpeg
774A2841-6AB9-4F24-BC62-2516BEFB257A.jpeg

Wyandotte mix, can’t wait to see how it feathers out!

D7F038D9-0A3D-40AB-9DE0-074C295B796C.jpeg
156C4ABB-96D4-400A-9CD8-EFC255EA0F5F.jpeg

BCM mix, but will lay brown

E430205D-468B-48BD-B85A-360C43538B4F.jpeg
9952BC96-214B-4CFB-8F14-D02BBE74E3D9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom