August Hatch-A-Long!

I had my first hatch (16 out of 20) a few days ago and never saw any wiggling. Been watching this time - day 21 and still no wiggles.
hu.gif
what part of N. Texas are you in?

I had a little RIR hatch last night and I have a pip in a Dark Brahma egg...is that thing dancing around the bator! lol

I don't know why it did occur to me sooner to incubate the dark brahma eggs...I had 2 and a raccoon got one so even though their all chickens my little girl is not paired up...anyway I am waiting and waiting for more progress! not getting much else done
pop.gif

So I'm at work and my brother just called to tell me the power is out in our neighborhood. Been out for a couple hours apparently. No idea when they'll get it back on because noone knows what happened. Think my little pip and her 'siblings' will be ok? I knew something would go wrong while I was at work....Txtd Hubby. Hes going to try to go home on lunch here soon and check the temp on the bator and check for progress with pip...I hope they're alright.

So I'm at work and my brother just called to tell me the power is out in our neighborhood. Been out for a couple hours apparently. No idea when they'll get it back on because noone knows what happened. Think my little pip and her 'siblings' will be ok? I knew something would go wrong while I was at work....Txtd Hubby. Hes going to try to go home on lunch here soon and check the temp on the bator and check for progress with pip...I hope they're alright.
I've read where others wrapped blankets and things to try to keep the heat up....I've had chicks hatch in the egg turner at less than 25% because they were stragglers my granddaughter put in and they were forgotten...so I'm thinking they'll be okay
fl.gif

what part of N. Texas are you in? I had a little RIR hatch last night and I have a pip in a Dark Brahma egg...is that thing dancing around the bator! lol I don't know why it did occur to me sooner to incubate the dark brahma eggs...I had 2 and a raccoon got one so even though their all chickens my little girl is not paired up...anyway I am waiting and waiting for more progress! not getting much else done
pop.gif
I am near Saginaw/Justin/Decatur area west of DFW :)

And now I see this. lol I managed to raise my humidity to 71 without opening the bator.
big_smile.png
My pipper decided to make her pip a little bigger while I was doing it too which was awesome to see. No zipping but I guess she liked the more humid air. Woo!
The humidity keep everything moist so the zipping is easier :). Expect a little nap out of that little chickie now, it took lots of work getting that pip...I know, I had to make a pip myself and that shell is tough! I feel for those poor baby chicks doing all this work to be born.

Back
Top Bottom