August Hatch-A-Long!

mine just finished my second coop!! I told him I need a coop just for the bantams and silkies and when I got home one day about a week ago he was half finished...I'll post a picture it's so cute!

Aww that is so sweet! My hubby is like that too. I am especially appreciative because he is kind of afraid of the chickens, lol. If I ask him to come inside the run to do something he always say, "you sure they are not going to attack me?" And he is serious. I say "No honey they won't attack you but they will come close to see if you are carrying treats, lol...may peck at shinny things like snaps and rings, but the are not fighting cocks, LOL!"

My broody hen got off the nest today so I candled her eggs. Both looked good, so I placed them back in the nest. She went to look at them,fluffed her feathers and walked away. I gave her nearly an hour to return and when she didn't, I put them in the incubator with the others. Well..... ten minutes later she was back on the nest! :barnie The eggs are back under her fickle butt now.

She was sending you a message, "Leave my eggs alone unless you want to take care of them yourself." Lol

mine just finished my second coop!! I told him I need a coop just for the bantams and silkies and when I got home one day about a week ago he was half finished...I'll post a picture it's so cute!
I think my husband will run away when he finds out that there is a second coop in the future. Hehe. Better than me buying shoes...at least he'll get breakfast in the morning. LOL.

Ain't that the truth!?! I'm already stressing because school starts back next week (I'm a teacher) and I have eggs in the bator set to hatch the next Tuesday. Tuesday is a school day! I should have set them to hatch on a Saturday! :he

I did that on my first hatch...set them at 10pm??? What was I thinking...I stayed up til 3 am watching, then crashed until 6:30 am and continued watching. Second ones I set early in the morning :)

My broody hen got off the nest today so I candled her eggs. Both looked good, so I placed them back in the nest. She went to look at them,fluffed her feathers and walked away. I gave her nearly an hour to return and when she didn't, I put them in the incubator with the others. Well..... ten minutes later she was back on the nest! :barnie The eggs are back under her fickle butt now.
Sounds about right :smack

I think my husband will run away when he finds out that there is a second coop in the future. Hehe. Better than me buying shoes...at least he'll get breakfast in the morning. LOL.

Oh yea! Mine loved the idea of a cooked breakfast of farm fresh eggs instead of cold cereal, lol. He is a city boy, never had farm fresh...I made him two eggs, one from my hen, one from the store...he ate the fresh egg first, then one bite of the store bought egg and wouldn't even finish it. He was convinced at that moment that I could have all the chickens I wanted.

I told him I could make yummy cheese if I had goats! He said, oh yeah! I'm country, he is city so this is all new to him. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this weekend, but its only in the last year that we have lived in a rural area where I can fully rekindle my country roots.

Back
Top Bottom